Offending the god botherers

I'm afraid that I'm also the kind of person who could not give a flying **** whether the jam or the cream goes on first on a scone. I leave that sort of thing to obsessives.
I don't get it. Surely its jam on one half and cream on the other then you can turn them whichever way up to suit the County?

I don't get it. Surely its jam on one half and cream on the other then you can turn them whichever way up to suit the County?
You, Sir, are the kind of unmitigated scoundrel that would attempt compromise with Hitler by asking if it was all right if he only used half the Jews for his central heating system.

Pish and fie to you Sir.
And I'll have you know that intend to make Pasties today with Chuck beef!!

No carrots obviously I'm not insane.

A little thought to wind up the various sky fairy worshipppers.
Leaving aside the various minority religions or those of indingenous peoples world wide, when you consider the so-called major religions, they are all different although christianity and judaism do have a common background. However each group of believers are convinced that theirs is the one and only religion, but it's called belief, not knowing. So on this basis only one of the various religions can be right, that is the very best case scenario and assuming that there is indeed a god. The others of course would then be barking* up the wrong tree.
I think that Stephen Hawking got it right when he said that on the basis of probability there is no god. Therefore religion = much ado about nowt.

* There is perhaps good reason to believe that they are barking anyway.

A little thought to wind up the various sky fairy worshipppers.
Leaving aside the various minority religions or those of indingenous peoples world wide, when you consider the so-called major religions, they are all different although christianity and judaism do have a common background. However each group of believers are convinced that theirs is the one and only religion, but it's called belief, not knowing. So on this basis only one of the various religions can be right, that is the very best case scenario and assuming that there is indeed a god. The others of course would then be barking* up the wrong tree.
I think that Stephen Hawking got it right when he said that on the basis of probability there is no god. Therefore religion = much ado about nowt.

* There is perhaps good reason to believe that they are barking anyway.
Not really. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all believe in the same god, even though their views as to his nature may differ. Furthermore, there are several other explicitly monotheistic religions (eg, Sikhism) and others in which the nature of the individual gods can be reasonably regarded as aspects or avatars of a single god.

So the possibility arises that there is but one God and we're merely like the blind gurus attempting to describe an elephant that they can only feel.

Not really. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all believe in the same god, even though their views as to his nature may differ. Furthermore, there are several other explicitly monotheistic religions (eg, Sikhism) and others in which the nature of the individual gods can be reasonably regarded as aspects or avatars of a single god.

So the possibility arises that there is but one God and we're merely like the blind gurus attempting to describe an elephant that they can only feel.
Around about 1220 Genghis Khan took reps from the Islamic, Christion and Buddist sects into the Kharezmian Mountains and said, 'the great Spirit made all of this for you. Why do you build your silly Palaces for him'.
Sums it up for me.
Any form of worship is errse licking and nobody decent loves errse lickers.

I was tempted to kick this off again recently when that Jimmy Saville lookalike was made a saint. Absolutely ridiculous and sure to galvanise those against religion, removing any doubts about the existence of gods. The war of reason is surely over now with only islam left to destroy...in Chinese style I hope.

The latest saint....just amazing!

View attachment 424366
Looks nothing like Jimmy Savile.

Everyone is on board with the late Cardinal Newman being saintified. Everybody, that is, except homosexuals and communists. Are you a communist, Higgsy?

BlackDyke

War Hero
I was tempted to kick this off again recently when that Jimmy Saville lookalike was made a saint. Absolutely ridiculous and sure to galvanise those against religion, removing any doubts about the existence of gods. The war of reason is surely over now with only islam left to destroy...in Chinese style I hope.

View attachment 424366
So let me get this one right...
Because St John Cardinal Newman is a 'Jimmy Saville (sic)* lookalike' therefore he must be a Jimmy Savile type offender yes?
It is atheists like you that give atheists like me a bad name.

* It is Savile you thick twat.

Just yes, oh fucking yes...wonder how long until they go bankrupt.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Was it down the back of the Papal sofa, by chance?

I visited St Peter's Basilica in 2007....and the Palace of Versailles a year later....they both brought out previously hidden Leveller sentiments in me..

' "Our case is to be considered thus, that we have been under slavery.

That's acknowledged by all. Our very laws were made by our Conquerors... We are now engaged for our freedom.

That's the end of Parliament, to legislate according to the just ends of government, not simply to maintain what is already established.

Every person in England hath as clear a right to elect his Representative as the greatest person in England. I conceive that's the undeniable maxim of government: that all government is in the free consent of the people.
"

(3) John Lilburne, Leveller pamphlet (March, 1647)
No man should be punished or persecuted... for preaching or publishing his opinion on religion.
(4) John Lilburne, The Free Man's Freedom Vindicated (1647)
All and every particular and individual man and woman, that ever breathed in the world, are by nature all equal and alike in their power, dignity, authority and majesty, none of them having (by nature) any authority, dominion or magisterial power one over or above another.

Last edited:

View attachment 424366
I thought this was the latest Saint.
250px-The_Saint_(2017_film).jpg

Though to me The Saint will always be Roger Moore's left eyebrow.
51FY9BAWVAL._SY445_.jpg

A little dig at the Catholics. We all know about how JC* ended up, betrayed by the Jews because he was a right royal pain to them, or more accurately the pharisees. It was of course the Romans who did the dirty deed.
If we now fast forward, then we note that the Romans as they were are now gone, we do however have Italy (Bella Italia) with its capital Rome, within that city is a the Vatican, HQ of the biggest christian church in the world. So the descendants of the Romans, who crucified JC are now the self appointed guardians of the christian faith.
Meanwhile the Jews are still around, but I think that we can forgive them, as long as they don't do it again.

*All right JC and his disciples were also Jews.

OK even Catholics are human, just would'nt send my son to a catholic kindergarten.