Offending the god botherers

Ultra Orthodox Jews certainly seem to have more faith in God than in masks and social distancing.

Jackbooted neo-Nazi stormtrooper thugs from the Met broke up a Jewish wedding at a school hall in Stamford Hill last night.

There were 400 people there. They all did a runner when Dibble showed up so there were only 5 fines dished out.

The organisers are going to be stung for £10,000 each.

Oy vey, that will hurt.
I didn't think schools like that were legal any more.

State funded, poorly performing and actively chopping out bits of the real world that doesn't fit with their backwards ways of thinking.

If the yarmulke and the kippah fit then yeah I am.

Wotcha gonna do abaht it Moshe?
Yer forgot the 'at dint yer?
1611336437166.png

This bit I liked as well, note the last sentence:
How does a yamaka stay on?
If the wearer chooses a suede kippah, bald heads happily have the advantage of a high coefficient of friction. Should all else fail, the ultimate kippah secret is double-sided fashion tape or a dot of one-sided velcro. Please note: stick the velcro to the kippah, not to your head.

A quote from Wiki concerning the Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School:
"The school's then-principal, Rabbi Abraham Pinter, said in 2015 that few students go to university because "there isn't the environment for Haredi girls to do that", and that "Our experience is that the better educated girls turn out to be the most successful mothers. For us, that's the most important role a woman plays"
Welcome to the 19th century.
To be fair there are parts of the eastern EU that have similar views, eg Romania.

Sorry to spoil it but has has anybody call @Higgs_bosun to this party yet?

Or is he still wibbling over Brexit?

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Doesn't ARRSE have a resident hooligan I would have though he would have been all over this thread correcting matters of doctrine, tenets and articles of faith.

Maybe the Jewish slant has put him off.
FOC

Live near a large church most of my life.
Last visit was in 1973, does this make be a god botherer choirboy molesting peado?

On the basis of proof by balance of probability Mary would have been betrothed by about the age of 11 or 12 with the intention that she would have married by consumation when of child baring age. Luke 1:34 deals with that one, so she would have lived in Joseph's house with a chaperone until that time came.
"Saying something is proven on a balance of probabilities means that it is more likely than not to have occurred. It means that it is probable, i.e., the probability that some event happens is more than 50%. So mathematically proof on a balance of probabilities is 50.1% likelihood of something having occurred."

So your basis for believing Jesus's mother was a virgin is that it "is more likely than not".
Following this logic, "it is more likely than not" that your mother (and everyone else's) was a virgin too.

Latest Threads