Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offending the god botherers

I don't see what the problem is, evidence of supernatural events have clearly been caught on camera. Just watch this.

See! You lot just need to open your minds to the possibilities.

does anyone know of a psychic like this who could get Marilyn Monroe?

Asking for a friend.
Ooo that's a bit risky. You might end up with Bella Emberg.

"Prayer is just a passive-aggressive way of telling god we think he's gotten lazy."
Tell you one thing, when god took an interest, millions died at his hand - at that time, that was a decent percentage of the World's population.

I wish he'd come back and have another good round of smotin' and a killin'

"Prayer is just a passive-aggressive way of telling god we think he's gotten lazy."

The Whole Bible for People in a Rush

At 1:26 she came to the same conclusion as Golda Meir, who cursed Moses for not turning right after having walked over the Red Sea. Sorry got that a bit wrong, it was JC who walked on water. Moses must have done something else, not sure what.

Extreme God bothering coming up. A month or three ago I had a Kaiser Mong moment which ended up with the law of unintended consequences. I won't bother you with the details, but I now get emails from this nice gent in the US of A, who rejoices in the name of Zalman Schmotkin, Rabbi Zalman Schmotkin to be precise. He does for Judaism what the other well known, at least in the US, bible bashers do for Christianity.
'ave a gander at this:

By the Grace of G‑d
6 Tishrei, 5781 • September 24, 2020

Dear Friend, (Excuse me Rabbi, but I don't know you, until now I've never even heard of you)

It's all up to you. Er no.

Everything about Yom Kippur, coming up this Sunday night, points to you: Pointing at me? Dive dive dive.

In times of old, one High Priest, serving one G‑d, in His one Temple, on His one holiest day, on behalf of His one people, elicited G‑d's atonement for the entire world.

Today, one person, with one turn of his or her personal page, doing one good deed, or making one good resolution—can also change the course of the entire world for the good.

So:

This Yom Kippur, you hold the keys to the world's future. No

YOU have the power to tip the scales for all of humankind…! That would be SWMBO

Your good deed, your repentance, your primal cry from the depths of your soul, can penetrate the Gates of Heaven and elicit a reciprocal response from our One and Only Father in Heaven.

At Chabad.org we try to keep this vital idea very close to heart. Our team is driven by the deep teachings and life-example of the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, who focused on the core of innate goodness—the soul—that exists within every human being. No one—no one!—could ever be considered insignificant or expendable.

While serving more than 55 million different people this year from every corner of the globe and all walks of life, and especially with the significantly increased crushing workload brought on by the pandemic, our rabbis, editors, programmers, designers and other team members try to never lose sight of the needs of the individual – many, many individuals; countless individuals!—who turn to us for some of their most existential needs. Each team member considers himself or herself a trustee of the Jewish People and of the world, responsible to nurture and to serve you.

Our Sages teach us that a crucial part of our service to G‑d, particularly during this time of year, is to give generously of our earnings to charity.

Why?

Each of us here on earth works hard for our livelihood. We pour all of our energy—our very souls—into it.

When we then give our earnings to charity—when we recognize that G‑d entrusted us to act on His behalf to distribute His resources—we demonstrate one of the highest levels of faith a human being can achieve: We give away a part of our very own soul.

In preparation for Yom Kippur, when we pray that our prayers are propelled by the holiness of the day to reach the very essence of G‑d and that He blesses us with all things good, let us demonstrate our faith, let us lay bare our souls, by giving freely and generously to charity.

We want G‑d to forego calculation? Overlook our iniquities? Seal our fate for a good year? Judge the entire world kindly?

Let's act first!

Let's prepare for Yom Kippur by giving lots of charity. In fact, let's give beyond what we perceive to be our means. Charity begins at home

G‑d will surely reciprocate in kind.

After all, He entrusted the entire world to each of us.

In this spirit, it would be extremely meaningful to countless many worldwide if you could please take two minutes now to donate generously to Chabad.org's vital work. Your partnership is vital to ensure our financial stability—and the services we offer—for this coming year:

www.Chabad.org/YomKippurAppeal

(Please consider selecting a recurring donation to keep your gifts producing results throughout the year.)

You can also contribute via PayPal, E-Check or Bank Transfer/Wire or by mailing a check payable to Chabad.org to:

Chabad.ORG
770 Eastern Parkway Room 405
Brooklyn, NY 11213

Please also remember Chabad.ORG in your will! Fools and their money are soon parted.

Millions—and possibly billions!—of good deeds will be performed across the globe this year as a result of your partnership.

May you merit to experience Yom Kippur in the deepest, holiest way. May you and each of your loved ones—and the entire world—be sealed in the Book of Life for a good, healthy and sweet year.

And may we all merit to experience our world healed and at peace, with the revelation of G‑d’s goodness to the entire world, speedily in our days!

On behalf of the Chabad.org team,

Rabbi Zalman Shmotkin
Director

P.S. To help enrich your holiest-day experience, I encourage you to check out our Yom Kippur website. For safe prayers across the globe (where medically allowed and in observance of all safety precautions) check out this worldwide listing. For COVID-related Yom Kippur observance this year at home, go here. And to enjoy a Yom Kippur teaching from the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, click here.

Today (Sept. 24) marks the 56th anniversary of passing of the Rebbe's mother, Rebbetzin Chana Schneerson, of righteous memory. To learn about this extraordinary woman's searingly challenging yet deeply impactful life, click here. To light Shabbat candles in her memory this Friday night—and start off the year with a monumental mitzvah—click here.

P.P.S. Even a small amount—shared with a full heart—can effect global transformation! No deed is insignificant and your partnership will help make this an unprecedented year of growth for millions! Donate online here, or send a check to: Chabad.ORG / 770 Eastern Parkway Room 405 / Brooklyn, NY 11213.

So anyone fancy a bit of Judaism? Not complicated with things like Trinity, JC, Big G and the Holy Ghost. Crucifixion and rising from the dead, just plain simple G-d.
I think they do a 6 month free trial. Scarborough want to give it a try? A friend seems to think it would be right up your street.

Italics are mine.

Extreme God bothering coming up. A month or three ago I had a Kaiser Mong moment which ended up with the law of unintended consequences. I won't bother you with the details, but I now get emails from this nice gent in the US of A, who rejoices in the name of Zalman Schmotkin, Rabbi Zalman Schmotkin to be precise. He does for Judaism what the other well known, at least in the US, bible bashers do for Christianity.
'ave a gander at this:

By the Grace of G‑d
6 Tishrei, 5781 • September 24, 2020

Dear Friend, (Excuse me Rabbi, but I don't know you, until now I've never even heard of you)

It's all up to you. Er no.

Everything about Yom Kippur, coming up this Sunday night, points to you: Pointing at me? Dive dive dive.

In times of old, one High Priest, serving one G‑d, in His one Temple, on His one holiest day, on behalf of His one people, elicited G‑d's atonement for the entire world.

Today, one person, with one turn of his or her personal page, doing one good deed, or making one good resolution—can also change the course of the entire world for the good.

So:

This Yom Kippur, you hold the keys to the world's future. No

YOU have the power to tip the scales for all of humankind…! That would be SWMBO

Your good deed, your repentance, your primal cry from the depths of your soul, can penetrate the Gates of Heaven and elicit a reciprocal response from our One and Only Father in Heaven.

At Chabad.org we try to keep this vital idea very close to heart. Our team is driven by the deep teachings and life-example of the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, who focused on the core of innate goodness—the soul—that exists within every human being. No one—no one!—could ever be considered insignificant or expendable.

While serving more than 55 million different people this year from every corner of the globe and all walks of life, and especially with the significantly increased crushing workload brought on by the pandemic, our rabbis, editors, programmers, designers and other team members try to never lose sight of the needs of the individual – many, many individuals; countless individuals!—who turn to us for some of their most existential needs. Each team member considers himself or herself a trustee of the Jewish People and of the world, responsible to nurture and to serve you.

Our Sages teach us that a crucial part of our service to G‑d, particularly during this time of year, is to give generously of our earnings to charity.

Why?

Each of us here on earth works hard for our livelihood. We pour all of our energy—our very souls—into it.

When we then give our earnings to charity—when we recognize that G‑d entrusted us to act on His behalf to distribute His resources—we demonstrate one of the highest levels of faith a human being can achieve: We give away a part of our very own soul.

In preparation for Yom Kippur, when we pray that our prayers are propelled by the holiness of the day to reach the very essence of G‑d and that He blesses us with all things good, let us demonstrate our faith, let us lay bare our souls, by giving freely and generously to charity.

We want G‑d to forego calculation? Overlook our iniquities? Seal our fate for a good year? Judge the entire world kindly?

Let's act first!

Let's prepare for Yom Kippur by giving lots of charity. In fact, let's give beyond what we perceive to be our means. Charity begins at home

G‑d will surely reciprocate in kind.

After all, He entrusted the entire world to each of us.

In this spirit, it would be extremely meaningful to countless many worldwide if you could please take two minutes now to donate generously to Chabad.org's vital work. Your partnership is vital to ensure our financial stability—and the services we offer—for this coming year:

www.Chabad.org/YomKippurAppeal

(Please consider selecting a recurring donation to keep your gifts producing results throughout the year.)

You can also contribute via PayPal, E-Check or Bank Transfer/Wire or by mailing a check payable to Chabad.org to:

Chabad.ORG
770 Eastern Parkway Room 405
Brooklyn, NY 11213

Please also remember Chabad.ORG in your will! Fools and their money are soon parted.

Millions—and possibly billions!—of good deeds will be performed across the globe this year as a result of your partnership.

May you merit to experience Yom Kippur in the deepest, holiest way. May you and each of your loved ones—and the entire world—be sealed in the Book of Life for a good, healthy and sweet year.

And may we all merit to experience our world healed and at peace, with the revelation of G‑d’s goodness to the entire world, speedily in our days!

On behalf of the Chabad.org team,

Rabbi Zalman Shmotkin
Director

P.S. To help enrich your holiest-day experience, I encourage you to check out our Yom Kippur website. For safe prayers across the globe (where medically allowed and in observance of all safety precautions) check out this worldwide listing. For COVID-related Yom Kippur observance this year at home, go here. And to enjoy a Yom Kippur teaching from the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, click here.

Today (Sept. 24) marks the 56th anniversary of passing of the Rebbe's mother, Rebbetzin Chana Schneerson, of righteous memory. To learn about this extraordinary woman's searingly challenging yet deeply impactful life, click here. To light Shabbat candles in her memory this Friday night—and start off the year with a monumental mitzvah—click here.

P.P.S. Even a small amount—shared with a full heart—can effect global transformation! No deed is insignificant and your partnership will help make this an unprecedented year of growth for millions! Donate online here, or send a check to: Chabad.ORG / 770 Eastern Parkway Room 405 / Brooklyn, NY 11213.

So anyone fancy a bit of Judaism? Not complicated with things like Trinity, JC, Big G and the Holy Ghost. Crucifixion and rising from the dead, just plain simple G-d.
I think they do a 6 month free trial. Scarborough want to give it a try? A friend seems to think it would be right up your street.

Italics are mine.

That'll learn you!

Chabad - the closest thing Jews have to a missionary movement

Part of their movement began to believe that the Rabbi who led them was the messiah.......

Last edited:
Well at least they're on the far side of the Pond any you're even further away. So we're all safe and sound, more or less.

As a missionary ("outreach") movement they are literally everywhere. Unlike "other missionaries" however, they do not exploit fear. They try to attract people back into the fold with return to your roots and a sense of belonging and a spiritual life....

ugly

LE
As a missionary ("outreach") movement they are literally everywhere. Unlike "other missionaries" however, they do not exploit fear. They try to attract people’s money into their own accounts with return to your roots and a sense of belonging and a spiritual life....
Fixed

Chabad - the closest thing Jews have to a missionary movement

Part of their movement began to believe that the Rabbi who led them was the messiah.......
It would be understandable if Chabad were located in Israel, but in the US, the land of KKK, White Supremacy and other charitable organisations? If I were a Jew I wouldn't feel safe there without my M60 and a slack handful of claymores round the house. Not that Europe is a lot better.

Latest Threads