Offending the god botherers

Not everyone derives enjoyment from expressing the truth.. Many enjoy it for simply the hurt it gives to another... My fave quote: jesus said if someone slaps you, then turn the other cheek. But what if they're tried to gouge out your eye ? the point being, the bible quote refers to words and hurtful behaviour, should not be met with equal or greater violence, or reaction where its proportional to the hurt.

If someone burned a bible I would feel nothing. If someone tried to burn a person, then armour up.....
then again the bible is full of contradictions about things like retaliation. Mostly it's full of things like this

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
however

But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
and

"Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury."

amongst other areas that escaped the editors attention

'
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins
. '
yet

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not
and

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him
of course then there is ;

No one has ever seen God
except for those who have seen God;

The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day.
The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend

and so on

then again the bible is full of contradictions about things like retaliation. Mostly it's full of things like this

however

and

amongst other areas that escaped the editors attention

'. '
yet

and

of course then there is ;

except for those who have seen God;

and so on
The story of moses and the worshiping of a golden calf. Did the entire jewish community agree to the golden calf ? certainly, if you didn't like moses authority, then your perfectly capable of walking away. But no, the many chose to be led into sin and the raising of an idol by a smaller group of leaders.

Leaders have a tendency to human weakness and are prone to be good talkers and can convince the gulliable into any number of unspeakable things. I don't see any god, in any of the butchery in history.

nothing to do with god botherers then?

Bad stuff is the fault of man and/or the Devil. Good stuff, including mass killings are Gods work.

God also moves in mysterious ways, much like Alexie Sayle

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Here's an example of how weird religion can be.

There was this geezer Burchard who was the Bishop of Worms (born 950 in Hesse and died 1025, as an aside he left his sister his hair shirt and an iron chain in his will). He wrote a book called the "Corrector" which basically listed all the naughty things you mustn't do and what the penance was if you transgressed.

"193. Hast thou done what some women are wont to do? They take off their clothes and anoint their whole naked body with honey, and laying down their honey-smeared upon wheat on some linen on the earth, roll to and fro often, then carefully gather all the grains of wheat which stick to the moist body, place it in a mill, and make the mill go round backwards against the sun and so grind it to flour; and they make bread from that flour and then give it to their husbands to eat, that on eating the bread they may become feeble and pine away. If thou hast [done this], thou shalt do penance for forty days on bread and water."

The story of moses and the worshiping of a golden calf. Did the entire jewish community agree to the golden calf ? certainly, if you didn't like moses authority, then your perfectly capable of walking away. But no, the many chose to be led into sin and the raising of an idol by a smaller group of leaders.

Leaders have a tendency to human weakness and are prone to be good talkers and can convince the gulliable into any number of unspeakable things. I don't see any god, in any of the butchery in history.
As god is supposedly omniscient and omnipresent he should stop being a cunt and creating people who will sin just so he can punish them.

There was this geezer Burchard who was the Bishop of Worms (born 950 in Hesse and died 1025, as an aside he left his sister his hair shirt and an iron chain in his will). He wrote a book called the "Corrector" which basically listed all the naughty things you mustn't do and what the penance was if you transgressed.

"193. Hast thou done what some women are wont to do? They take off their clothes and anoint their whole naked body with honey, and laying down their honey-smeared upon wheat on some linen on the earth, roll to and fro often, then carefully gather all the grains of wheat which stick to the moist body, place it in a mill, and make the mill go round backwards against the sun and so grind it to flour; and they make bread from that flour and then give it to their husbands to eat, that on eating the bread they may become feeble and pine away. If thou hast [done this], thou shalt do penance for forty days on bread and water."
I've been wondering why I sometimes feel feeble!

Last edited:
As god is supposedly omniscient and omnipresent he should stop being a **** and creating people who will sin just so he can punish them.
He didn't create them, their parents did..... Its our planet and barring alien invasion, we determine its past, present and future.

nothing to do with god botherers then?
I'd say the god bothering was just a vehicle for the innate lunacy and craving for power. Much like the political religions of whatever ilk.

He didn't create them, their parents did..... Its our planet and barring alien invasion, we determine its past, present and future.
Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent.

God created the universe and everything in it and knows everything that will happen, including all of your future sins. Everything you do, he set in motion.

The cunt.

The most avid calf-worshippers in contemporary society are the so called god botherers, who are viscerally compelled to protect their sacred cows. They frequently sacrifice truth and the lives and welfare of others merely to protect their sacred cows.

No more weird than being on perma lockdown, or the demand we own a TV licence for a channel we hardly ever watch, or worship at the altar of celebrity on every news broadcast.

As god is supposedly omniscient and omnipresent he should stop being a **** and creating people who will sin just so he can punish them.

except I'm sure there are bits of the bible that state He isn't (along with quotes that He is all knowning, all powerful and everywhere)

No more weird than being on perma lockdown, or the demand we own a TV licence for a channel we hardly ever watch, or worship at the altar of celebrity on every news broadcast.
Quite. All just human weirdness, yet one party claims his weirdness is "god's" commandment.
That's the point when mere human weirdness becomes mega-scamming insanity.

The most avid calf-worshippers in contemporary society are the so called god botherers, who are viscerally compelled to protect their sacred cows. They frequently sacrifice truth and the lives and welfare of others merely to protect their sacred cows.
Of course; human beings are territorial and fighting for your space is engrained into our nature.... I would however add, that nature itself, is in exactly the same state of entropy and requiring of a balance, less everything collapses in on itself.

The jews turned to a golden calf out of desperation and even without religion we have plenty of evidence in the past two centuries of non-religious people turning to a new light: french revolution, communism and fascism.

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent.

God created the universe and everything in it and knows everything that will happen, including all of your future sins. Everything you do, he set in motion.

The ****.
If you want a social justice god, then I guess you go and find Ze.. Certainly, nature as a god, would give two s***s for any of your mores.

Latest Threads