Offending the god botherers

According to a mate who is ex tsanghanim, Israel is also a big producer of pork. To dodge the schtick where no piggy is meant to tread on the land of Israel, they're apparently raised (SWIDT?) on raised platforms.

Said mate is a lover of bacon and has oft mugged me for biltong, bacon stylee or otherwise when out in the shateen.

Stretch a cord on posts around the town and that will count as a wall (I kid you not).
As practiced in New York apparently, but just within the jewish enclave, not the entire city! I think the New Yorkers in general accept it as one of those jewish things that nobody (non-Jew) understands but causes no harm.

According to a mate who is ex tsanghanim, Israel is also a big producer of pork. To dodge the schtick where no piggy is meant to tread on the land of Israel, they're apparently raised (SWIDT?) on raised platforms.

Said mate is a lover of bacon and has oft mugged me for biltong, bacon stylee or otherwise when out in the shateen.
I have heard about this but not seen it. AFAIK it does not apply to pig farms owned by Christian Arabs.
To me it further proves the insanity involved in this kind of god bothering since anyway, wild boar are part of the native fauna of the Land of Israel.

Last edited:
I'm sure back when these things were written and a big strong sky bloke used as a stick wielder to stop basic people from shagging their sisters or eating rotten meat, they made sense.

Now, not so much...

Some of the "ways around the rules" were developed by the rabbis themselves.
The 'eruv" is one of the more bizarre ones, which to the faithful makes sense and to the enlightened is proof of the fundamental insanity involved in god bothering.
Very briefly, the original rules say you can't carry on sabbath outside of the walls of your dwelling, unless you live within a walled city, in which case you can carry on sabbath, within the confines of the city walls.
As we moved out of the iron age walled cities became less of a thing, so how did the rabbis solve it?
Stretch a cord on posts around the town and that will count as a wall (I kid you not).
If you don't believe me, come and take a look around the town limits of any Israeli town - that wire stretched from post to post around towns is not a Mossad antenna.
I believe there is now one of these arrangements around the London Borough of Barnet (from whence I come)
This is the origin of ‘Beyond the Pale’ allegedly. Pales being fence posts.

Some of the "ways around the rules" were developed by the rabbis themselves.
The 'eruv" is one of the more bizarre ones, which to the faithful makes sense and to the enlightened is proof of the fundamental insanity involved in god bothering.
Very briefly, the original rules say you can't carry on sabbath outside of the walls of your dwelling, unless you live within a walled city, in which case you can carry on sabbath, within the confines of the city walls.
As we moved out of the iron age walled cities became less of a thing, so how did the rabbis solve it?
If you don't believe me, come and take a look around the town limits of any Israeli town - that wire stretched from post to post around towns is not a Mossad antenna.
I believe there is now one of these arrangements around the London Borough of Barnet (from whence I come)

Anyone who professes to a religion, should not be offended at anything, as that is the job of god.. We find offence out of our human failings, that someone is taking a big stick and shoving it into our chest, whilst slagging off the bible which we import some faith in.

The opposite argument, is why do some people enjoy offending god botherers at all ??

It's what we do as a species. Cut the power in that London for 72 hours and they'd be eating each other.

Anyone who professes to a religion, should not be offended at anything, as that is the job of god.. We find offence out of our human failings, that someone is taking a big stick and shoving it into our chest, whilst slagging off the bible which we import some faith in.

The opposite argument, is why do some people enjoy offending god botherers at all ??
I only enjoy annoying those who come to preach to me on my doorstep/ accost me in the street etc
I don't care what anyone believes in (provided it is doing no harm to anyone else) and in return, I'd like them to keep their opinions about what I should believe to themselves.

Quite - change it to 'Child Cancer' and then we can simply work out that he's either a **** or doesn't exist.

Also, in the 1st testament god has a bit of a sore head and kills/smotes etc... 2.5 million - the devil takes out 10.

Who's the bad guy?
Not this guy

1588757666011.png

It's a gift only bestowed on those of us who are both cunts and cynics.

Quite - change it to 'Child Cancer' and then we can simply work out that he's either a **** or doesn't exist.

Also, in the 1st testament god has a bit of a sore head and kills/smotes etc... 2.5 million - the devil takes out 10.

Who's the bad guy?
Free will; you sound like a whiny prodigal son. The entire argument that god should smote the virus, ignores the point that maybe we created it, by whatever means (encroachment on a bats personal space). Those nice jet aircraft that carried the virus around the world was, eh our fault again.

Cancer - why should x child be saved and not everyone ? one could also add the cancer argument ignores again the free will, that whose to say that the rise of cancer isn't manmade.

this kind of archaic patriararchal religion requires dutiful females to keep it going
If you can get your oven to switch off automatically you can have a hot meal on Friday night.
In small gated communities,the neighbourhood bakers oven would be left warm and the people would bring their pots of slow-cook foods so they would be able to have something warm on saturday morning.
I company I used to work for produced large double ovens, mainly for the US market, that had a Sabbath setting. It could be programmed to start and finish whenever you wanted. Although we sold them over here, it was never really part of the marketing guff

Now the delay start and end times are standard settings

Well, it's like this:

religions are based on a mixture of fairy tales and folk tales cobbled together by human beings replete with human failings and their own agendas, who then wrote into the script that said hotchpotch of mythology and sheer BS is the word of "god".

Invested as they are in their religious belief systems, god botherers find the expression of such truth about the scriptures offensive (sometimes even to the extent they become homicidal).

Human beings of integrity and free spirit "enjoy" expressing truth, as it is in line with their being, their essence. They feel how essential truth is in a corrupt society riddled with hypocrisy, political correctness and the sacrifice of truth to protect the sensitivities of the various groups of god botherers.

So any "enjoyment" is simply from expressing truth in a cesspit of deceit - not actually from offending anyone.

Even though the bible contains lots of conquering, rapine and killing etc etc, the real problem is people saying it's the word of god, which is actually pretty damn insulting to God.

Last edited:
Well, it's like this:

religions are based on a mixture of fairy tales and folk tales cobbled together by human beings replete with human failings and their own agendas, who then wrote into the script that said hotchpotch of mythology and sheer BS is the word of "god".

Invested as they are in their religious belief systems, god botherers find the expression of such truth offensive (sometimes even to the extent they become homicidal).

Human beings of integrity and free spirit "enjoy" expressing truth, as it is in line with their being, their essence. They feel how essential truth is in a corrupt society riddled with hypocrisy, political correctness and the sacrifice of truth to protect the sensitivities of the various groups of god botherers.

So any "enjoyment" is simply from expressing truth in a cesspit of deceit - not actually from offending anyone.

Even though the bible contains lots of conquering, rapine and killing etc etc, the real problem is people saying it's the word of god, which is actually pretty damn insulting to god.
Not everyone derives enjoyment from expressing the truth.. Many enjoy it for simply the hurt it gives to another... My fave quote: jesus said if someone slaps you, then turn the other cheek. But what if they're tried to gouge out your eye ? the point being, the bible quote refers to words and hurtful behaviour, should not be met with equal or greater violence, or reaction where its proportional to the hurt.

If someone burned a bible I would feel nothing. If someone tried to burn a person, then armour up.....

Free will; you sound like a whiny prodigal son. The entire argument that god should smote the virus, ignores the point that maybe we created it, by whatever means (encroachment on a bats personal space). Those nice jet aircraft that carried the virus around the world was, eh our fault again.

Cancer - why should x child be saved and not everyone ? one could also add the cancer argument ignores again the free will, that whose to say that the rise of cancer isn't manmade.
Errr,.. who has free will? Humans don't. They're highly programmed, by things like your made up shit etc.. if people truly had free will, your shit would never have taken hold.

Why shouldn't everyone be saved? Yeah, good point, why not?

And if 'man made' stuff isn't god's responsibility - then he just made stuff and then fucked off, left us to it?