Offending the god botherers

Unremarkable

War Hero
There's a revolting Canadian fellow called Simcha Jacobovici who expounded some interesting theories on a very hyped-up TV documentary on the possible technical explanations for the ten plagues - I was impressed though I can't stand him, the sensationalist attention seeking c*nt.
Ah, so it's not just me then.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a revolting Canadian fellow called Simcha Jacobovici who expounded some interesting theories on a very hyped-up TV documentary on the possible technical explanations for the ten plagues - I was impressed though I can't stand him, the sensationalist attention seeking c*nt.
some of his early stuff was pretty good, one this he does do is research and he won a few gongs for it as well. his atlantis theory is as good as any others I've seen.

quite a few plague theories and exodus ones too.

Jesus was documented by the romans - Both of them. Jesus the Nasorean and Jesus Barraba - Jesus meaning leader, Barabbas meaning son of the father apparently. the Nasoreans used to wonder around in little shoals hence the fish symbol.

I like the idea of moses nicking the ark out of the great pyramid and that it was really a huge capacitor that tasered their enemies.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I've always wanted to make long lingering slow luuuurve to a woman wearing nothing but an old style salvation army bonnet....**** all else just the bonnet...i spent 3 years trying to persuade a work colleague who came from a large family of salvationists to get me such a sex aid....bastard stayed true to his faith and refused
I always wanted to do the daughter of a neighbour like that, her um was our home economics teacher Mrs Baxter I think. But the daughter - yes with the bonnet on and those 80s big sock things they all wore (not leg warmers) or some webbing black webbing..

maybe its growing up with little house on the prairie and wanting to do over the blind one.

could be why they are called poke ponnets

some of his early stuff was pretty good, one this he does do is research and he won a few gongs for it as well. his atlantis theory is as good as any others I've seen.

quite a few plague theories and exodus ones too.

Jesus was documented by the romans - Both of them. Jesus the Nasorean and Jesus Barraba - Jesus meaning leader, Barabbas meaning son of the father apparently. the Nasoreans used to wonder around in little shoals hence the fish symbol.

I like the idea of moses nicking the ark out of the great pyramid and that it was really a huge capacitor that tasered their enemies.
yeah I bet the last thing did for all the neon whorehouse signs in Thebes

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
weren't they regular old fashioned women's stockings, with the vertical seam at the back of the leg?
nah they were a big sock walting it as a stocking but way better than the previous years wooly tights, factor in the gym skirt and its amazing I got any school work done as they girls were always having to pull them up a bit giving plenty of upper thigh.

good for a finger on the bus too.

see the same girls in shorts doing cross country and it was nowhere near as gratifying

1588699418206.png

sort o ting

mind you we thought gregorys girl was a documentary

Shtreiml, isn't it?

As for the books of rules and instructions, some folks battle with being inwardly ethical and need it all spelled out for them. They rarely follow it in any case.
I know a fair few Jews of different levels of orthodoxy, they seem to spend their lives finding ways around ’the rules’, then the Rabbis make up new rules to stamp on it... Some of them are very serious about it and some treat it as a game, I treat them all to the same level of pïsstaking.
One is also a vegetarian but will eat some free range meat. We fed her venison one Christmas swearing it was free range. Well, it was run over on Salisbury Plain by my FIL in his Range Rover, so all boxes ticked...

Dr Death

War Hero
Not at local church yet, but definatley a reason to go!
1588745753895.png

magumba

Old-Salt
There you go. I'm sure you'll look very sweet in it...

you wicked tempter....i just need to find a gullible laydeee who is willing to wear it and also will scream blood and fire at her moment of deliverance

One is also a vegetarian but will eat some free range meat. We fed her venison one Christmas swearing it was free range. Well, it was run over on Salisbury Plain by my FIL in his Range Rover, so all boxes ticked...
A Jew that eats meat that isn't certified kosher has no level of orthodoxy. They may observe a few things more on a traditional basis rather than obeying the law basis but that isn't orthodoxy.

A Jew that eats meat that isn't certified kosher has no level of orthodoxy. They may observe a few things more on a traditional basis rather than obeying the law basis but that isn't orthodoxy.
she wears sensible shoes too. That can’t be kosher...

I know a fair few Jews of different levels of orthodoxy, they seem to spend their lives finding ways around ’the rules’, then the Rabbis make up new rules to stamp on it... Some of them are very serious about it and some treat it as a game, I treat them all to the same level of pïsstaking.
Some of the "ways around the rules" were developed by the rabbis themselves.
The 'eruv" is one of the more bizarre ones, which to the faithful makes sense and to the enlightened is proof of the fundamental insanity involved in god bothering.
Very briefly, the original rules say you can't carry on sabbath outside of the walls of your dwelling, unless you live within a walled city, in which case you can carry on sabbath, within the confines of the city walls.
As we moved out of the iron age walled cities became less of a thing, so how did the rabbis solve it?
Stretch a cord on posts around the town and that will count as a wall (I kid you not).
If you don't believe me, come and take a look around the town limits of any Israeli town - that wire stretched from post to post around towns is not a Mossad antenna.
I believe there is now one of these arrangements around the London Borough of Barnet (from whence I come)

Latest Threads