Offending the god botherers

which when followed fully includes:
no cooking/baking
no lighting of fire (includes switching on or off electricity and therefore use of electric devices)
no tearing/cutting - to include food wrapping / tins / toilet paper
no carrying outside of the house (unless you live in a walled city) - that means nothing can be carried
no travel
no playing musical instruments
work - includes hobbies DIY etc
the prohibition of work pertains to your entire household to include your slaves, servants, concubines and beasts
So cooking a load of food the day before and then eating that cold on the Sabbath is OK?

I assume there's exemptions for the IDF or the locals would only kick off once a week.

So cooking a load of food the day before and then eating that cold on the Sabbath is OK?

I assume there's exemptions for the IDF or the locals would only kick off once a week.
this kind of archaic patriararchal religion requires dutiful females to keep it going
If you can get your oven to switch off automatically you can have a hot meal on Friday night.
In small gated communities,the neighbourhood bakers oven would be left warm and the people would bring their pots of slow-cook foods so they would be able to have something warm on saturday morning.

yes, absolutely. The rules I mentioned are waivered for preservation of life, medical work or security duties relating to the protection of life

Last edited:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
That's not exactly new. The various bits of the Bible were all written at different times long after the Romans crucified JC. There are no witness accounts, however researchers in Israel among other places have determined that certain events are based on facts, but have become heavily distorted over time. For example the Passover almost certainly did happen but was not an act of God, more of a natural disaster that hit the Egyptians harder than the Jews. Likewise Moses and the Israelites almost certainly did manage to cross the Red Sea unscathed, or how else would they have reached the promised land? No act of God involved, Moses merely understood the tidal system better than the Egyptians. The Old Testament is therefore a bit more credible than the New Testament, that gets really wierd. It starts off with the birth of JC, no chance that that was immaculate conception, because while it is theoretically possible any resulting child will be a female, a clone of the mother. There is no other DNA involved therefore the offspring can only be female. It all slides downhill from there.
my bold - covid 632 BCE perhaps?

I agree though the new testament is a mish mash that contradicts itself continuously.

mind you it is good fun asking them about the two jesus and barrabas theories.

the old Padre who has just moved on from worthy down is a good one for those.

That's not exactly new. The various bits of the Bible were all written at different times long after the Romans crucified JC. There are no witness accounts, however researchers in Israel among other places have determined that certain events are based on facts, but have become heavily distorted over time. For example the Passover almost certainly did happen but was not an act of God, more of a natural disaster that hit the Egyptians harder than the Jews. Likewise Moses and the Israelites almost certainly did manage to cross the Red Sea unscathed, or how else would they have reached the promised land? No act of God involved, Moses merely understood the tidal system better than the Egyptians. The Old Testament is therefore a bit more credible than the New Testament, that gets really wierd. It starts off with the birth of JC, no chance that that was immaculate conception, because while it is theoretically possible any resulting child will be a female, a clone of the mother. There is no other DNA involved therefore the offspring can only be female. It all slides downhill from there.
The moment you recognise the reality that holy scriptures are not "the word of god" is when the entire house of cards collapses. What one chooses to follow in religion after that realisation has been reached pertains solely to the individual and to society - nowt to do with divinity.

endure

GCM
As i was born into a jewish family, of modern progressive Jewish English born parents, Mum was brought up by her practicing parents, as was dad, not totally mega Orthodox, as both family's were east Eastender's. I and my siblings in the 50's weren't constrained by the religious teachings of the Torah, and grew up doing the things that all kids done at the time. Our ultra orthodox Hasidic Jewish neighbours, colloquially known as the stamford hill cowboys, and gods own Cossack's, are the ones who follow it to the letter. I do not give a pikey's fart for any organised religion.

In answer to your question:-
No work of any kind, at all, in any way shape or kind, from sundown Friday to last light Saturday.

Why are they called God's own Cossacks?

Why are they called God's own Cossacks?

The elders wear large round sable hats. and look a bit like the czar's Cossacks headgear. Also its a ironic connection to their old adversaries who rampaged through the villages and hamlets, the pogroms, in the pale of settlement, in the old Russian empire............ Their dress hasn't changed in 300 years.

Last edited:
my bold - covid 632 BCE perhaps?

I agree though the new testament is a mish mash that contradicts itself continuously.

mind you it is good fun asking them about the two jesus and barrabas theories.

the old Padre who has just moved on from worthy down is a good one for those.
Not Covid, I remember seeing a documentary on German TV last year and I think it was some kind of fungal disease. Apparently there was a shortage of grain and what was left started to rot, it was tradition in the egyptian families that under famine the older children ie first born, got preference over the others. As the grain was poisoned by the fungus it was the first born who died. The Jews on the other hand did not follow that practice, hence their first born did not suffer as much. In age before science could explain most things this was regarded as an act of God. The rest is history.

The elders wear large round sable hats. and look a bit like the czar's Cossacks headgear. Also its a ironic connection to their old adversaries who rampaged through the villages and hamlets, the pogroms, in the pale of settlement, in the old Russian empire............ Their dress hasn't changed in 300 years.
שטרײַמל Perchance?
One I made earlier:
1588695197638.png

Not Covid, I remember seeing a documentary on German TV last year and I think it was some kind of fungal disease. Apparently there was a shortage of grain and what was left started to rot, it was tradition in the egyptian families that under famine the older children ie first born, got preference over the others. As the grain was poisoned by the fungus it was the first born who died. The Jews on the other hand did not follow that practice, hence their first born did not suffer as much. In age before science could explain most things this was regarded as an act of God. The rest is history.
There's a revolting Canadian fellow called Simcha Jacobovici who expounded some interesting theories on a very hyped-up TV documentary on the possible technical explanations for the ten plagues - I was impressed though I can't stand him, the sensationalist attention seeking c*nt.

There's a revolting Canadian fellow called Simcha Jacobovici who expounded some interesting theories on a very hyped-up TV documentary on the possible technical explanations for the ten plagues - I was impressed though I can't stand him, the sensationalist attention seeking c*nt.

Link please, if possible.

How to kick start a thread without trying.
Lots of informative posts, Wiki is all very good, but getting it from the horses mouth is better.
Thanks.

magumba

Old-Salt
I've always wanted to make long lingering slow luuuurve to a woman wearing nothing but an old style salvation army bonnet....fuck all else just the bonnet...i spent 3 years trying to persuade a work colleague who came from a large family of salvationists to get me such a sex aid....bastard stayed true to his faith and refused

endure

GCM
I've always wanted to make long lingering slow luuuurve to a woman wearing nothing but an old style salvation army bonnet....**** all else just the bonnet...i spent 3 years trying to persuade a work colleague who came from a large family of salvationists to get me such a sex aid....bastard stayed true to his faith and refused

There you go. I'm sure you'll look very sweet in it...

That is a housing for a 360 degree radar dish and the black suit and white shirt conceal the fact he is a lizard
Shtreiml, isn't it?

As for the books of rules and instructions, some folks battle with being inwardly ethical and need it all spelled out for them. They rarely follow it in any case.

Latest Threads