Offending the god botherers

endure

GCM
This either a wind up or you are stuck in the middle ages.
AL1. I'm a bit slow today, thanks to corona. They cannot possibly be homosexual, not in Iran, they would have been thrown off a tall building or strung up.

Either that or offered a sex change paid for by the government. More sex change operations are carried out in Iran than any other country apart from Thailand.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
This is the Iranian Women's wendyball team:
iranian-womens-foo_3459298b.jpg

8 of them used to be men !

Always makes we chortle that biggest spouters of anti gay rhetoric are also those that allow it to go on within their clergy in an orgy of homosexuality that would make a Brighton resident blush.

And in the current worldwide meltdown, doesn't anyone else find it ironic that the Sky Pixie mob are praying to the individual that in their belief sent the virus to teach us mortals a lesson, to now actually stop? Come on you can't have it both ways....and please don't give me the "God moves in mysterious way" or "It is Satan's doing"
Religious people inherently want it both ways. In being that way they epitomize duality, which, funnily enough, is the polar opposite of the essence of divinity.

In its positive sense, religion could be described as trying to reach heaven by climbing up a tree.
Trees don't ever reach heaven, but once you're up one, it becomes "the earth you stand on." You then feel you can't do without it and begin to mistake the top of the tree for heaven.

Religions are mere frameworks, which is why religious people are the world's greatest idolaters and blasphemers - whether they are aware of it or not, whether they are in denial about it or not.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Religious people inherently want it both ways. In being that way they epitomize duality, which, funnily enough, is the polar opposite of the essence of divinity.

In its positive sense, religion could be described as trying to reach heaven by climbing up a tree.
Trees don't ever reach heaven, but once you're up one, it becomes "the earth you stand on." You then feel you can't do without it and begin to mistake the top of the tree for heaven.

Religions are mere frameworks, which is why religious people are the world's greatest idolaters and blasphemers - whether they are aware of it or not, whether they are in denial about it or not.
Quite right, the thing is I rather like them all as they are a great source of entertainment. :grin:

That's not true. First, I'm not involved in any idolatry, and secondly, that's not a very accurate analogy.
The Church is like a giant spider web, with Christ at the centre, and we're all strands of this giant spider web of faith.
Sometimes a little atheist bug gets caught in this web. It struggles and bobs up and down. It protests, just like Higgsy does. As Christians, we respond to the perturbations in the web, and we respond with kindness, charity, understanding and admonitions. We must care for that poor little bug, giving him the waters of life and the spiritual nutrients he needs.
Our spider web must also be resilient outdoors, where we face the sunlight of God's truth, but also the winds of relativism.

Quite right, the thing is I rather like them all as they are a great source of entertainment. :grin:
Yes when they aren't persecuting, launching wars, promoting rampant idolatry in the guise of "devotional objects", torturing people by inducing false guilt, deluding people into thinking they are the only path to god, promoting hatred of people because of their sexual orientation, enabling kiddy fiddling etc etc

Last edited:
That's not true. First, I'm not involved in any idolatry, and secondly, that's not a very accurate analogy.
The Church is like a giant spider web, with Christ at the centre, and we're all strands of this giant spider web of faith.
Sometimes a little atheist bug gets caught in this web. It struggles and bobs up and down. It protests, just like Higgsy does. As Christians, we respond to the perturbations in the web, and we respond with kindness, charity, understanding and admonitions. We must care for that poor little bug, giving him the waters of life and the spiritual nutrients he needs.
Our spider web must also be resilient outdoors, where we face the sunlight of God's truth, but also the winds of relativism.
The Christ-Spider you tell us about seems to protect you from ROPs - where do I sign up?
Tiger-Spider-Genus-Poecilotheria-161.jpg

The Christ-Spider you tell us about seems to protect you from ROPs - where do I sign up?
View attachment 461367
All you need to do, @loofkar , is come to Mass when the virus thing is over, and ask the local friendly priest about converting to the one, true faith.
You will then be educated, guided and nurtured in our faith over a period of maybe a year. After that, if it all sounds good to you (and it will) you'll be confirmed after the Easter Mass, and officially you'd be a Catholic - you would be just like me.
Just imagine, lookfar, being just like me. Imagine being shaped and moulded in the traditions I grew up with.

I bet you can't wait.

Yes when they aren't persecuting, launching wars, promoting rampant idolatry in the guise of "devotional objects", torturing people by inducing false guilt, deluding people into thinking they are the only path to god, promoting hatred of people because of their sexual orientation, enabling kiddy fiddling etc etc
I haven't done any of that.

I haven't done any of that.
Maybe not, but it has been done in the name of your religion for centuries.

Edited to add. Your spider analogy is spot on. Religion, like a spider traps you, wraps you up so you can't escape. slowly devours you over time, then finally dumps your empty husk when it has had it's fill.

Friendly Priest eh?

I like the Catholic Church - it's a very good template of how to rape, pillage and steal the most from the poorest then literally stick their cocks down their throats by building places like St. Peters Basilica - arguably man's greatest monument to greed and corruption.

Friendly Priest eh?

I like the Catholic Church - it's a very good template of how to rape, pillage and steal the most from the poorest then literally stick their cocks down their throats by building places like St. Peters Basilica - arguably man's greatest monument to greed and corruption.
How about this one.

1585663116922.png

However it appears God doesn't like this expensive and ostentatious church and has been trying to destroy it.

The original tower was destroyed by an earthquake in 1859. It was rebuilt in 1865, but it was destroyed a second time by another earthquake in 1868 and never rebuilt.

Another earthquake damaged the church in March 1987. This prompted another period of restoration, undertaken between 1987 and 2005.

Friendly Priest eh?

Are you saying that the Church shouldn't use wealth to create beauty, which has the potential to inspire, that everyone can share in? Do you honestly think that the Vatican's wealth alone would permanently solve all the world's problems and poverty?

Are you saying that the Church shouldn't use wealth to create beauty, which has the potential to inspire, that everyone can share in? Do you honestly think that the Vatican's wealth alone would permanently solve all the world's problems and poverty?
It would certainly help - it would also help if it's stone age mantra about contraception had been binned - there would literally be hundreds of millions less tortured souls born into extreme poverty and hardship perpetuating abject misery.

Explain how little Umbongo born with Aids enjoys a nice Raphael? How does he share in that?

But you crack on feeling warm and fuzzy about your smug benevolence.

ETA - The Church shouldn't have wealth. If it needs to exist at all then it should be a non-profit entity, and/or taxed fully - but frankly, I'd prefer if all religions were binned, especially the Abrahamic ones. Mankind's cancer.

Last edited:
You're familiar with the history of the catholic church then.

As to launching wars, the spat between England and Spain and later France just because 'enry the eighth told the Pope to do one, must have been the first great punch up between Christians. Northern Europe joined in a bit later when Luther among others also told the Pope to do one.
This might have been good news for the Jews as it was bound to have taken the heat of them for a while. They might even have thought that it was all their birthdays and Christmases erm Passover Feasts rolled into one.

Last edited:
You're familiar with the history of the catholic church then.

As to launching wars, the spat between England and Spain and later France just because 'enry the eighth told the Pope to do one, must have been the first great punch up between Christians. Northern Europe joined in a bit later when Luther among others also told the Pope to do one.
This might have been good news for the Jews as it was bound to have taken the heat of them for a while. They might even have thought that it was all their birthdays and Christmases erm Passover Feasts rolled into one.
Probably, until alterboy Adolf turned up

That was a year or three after the centuries long punch up between Catholics and Protestants. By around 1800 and a bit things had settled down a lot, although some people continue almost to this day.
Very true

Latest Threads