Off to the US.

Discussion in 'US' started by Matty0001, May 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So i'm off to the US this weekend on "business", first to Washington and then Detroit. First time i've been since i was 6!
    So can someone give me some advice and pointers on what/what not to do and any info on the places i'm visiting. :roll:
    Heard the violence in Detroit is just like home, looking forward to it. :D

2. Detroit? Bring a Bren.....

3. if your going to DC try the adams morgan, it's a road full of bars, some with live music, ask the locals they'll know it well, there's a fantastic pub next to the train station, they've got proper beer and dont forget the war memorials, there's shed loads to do in DC.

4. Fuck that, i'm bringing two, a bit of the "come on then, bring it yah fackin yankee wankaa" attitude wont be a miss either.
    Don't worry, travel insurance is taken care of. 8)

5. Never, repeat, never ask a chick to quote the line from American Pie......"And one time at Band Camp........". It got me a slap in the face the other day.

6. When in Detroit do what the locals do for a good night out, drive across the Ambassador Bridge to Windsor Canada 8)

p.s It's where all the 19 & 20 year old chicks from Detroit drink as well so it's a double bonus.