Off to the Unposted List

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Dear All,

My time with the TA is nearly up, it's been a crazy ride from Pte Soldier in 2 WESSEX in 1989, via OCdt at EMUOTC, commission into 33 SIGNALS, op TELIC6 and transfer 103 RA(V).

I've had a lot of laughs, and more, from this website in general and this forum in particular.

The current review of the reserves sees the TA adrift of a credible mission statement, under resourced and no longer providing challenges and rewards to its Officer Corps.

I am afraid I do not see this review willing (from a regular perspective), able (from a TA perspective) or financed (from a Treasury perspective) to address the core issues which the organisation faces.

To those who carry the flame forward, I salute you all.

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Is this the same as your "resigning as a MOD" posts?

Edit - Cancel my last, just noticed that your MOD banner has finally gone.

As for leaving, it comes to everyone at some stage or another. Enjoy spending your time on other things.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I trust you are not leaving ARRSE - after all you will just be moving from Tuesdays & weekends to no Tuesdays & weekends.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. As a Very Wise Rifleman once said; there is never a good time to leave the TA, or a bad time; but there is a Right time...
  5. MSR best wishes and thanks for the penknife.
  6. To be fair he's not leaving: just going to UPL. If he was really, seriously, totally threaders with the whole thing he would probably resign his commission instead. So you may not have seen the last of him yet.

msr welcome to our happy unposted throng.
  7. When were you at EMUOTC? Started with 3 WFR@Broadgate, Beeston in 88/89

Best of luck anyway, I've been a non attender for over a year now (guess this is the SNCO unposted list). Unable to give up arrse.
  8. 33 Signals?We must have met once!I would caution against being too pessimistic on the future of the Reserves. The signs at the centre are suggesting that whilst there is corporate reluctance, the reality of it ll is beginning to dawn on most. Once the momentum get's going, we could be back to something quite meaningful, quite soon.Keep your powder dry.FAB
  9. Well done for the one tour in 22 years.
  10. Well done for the total failure to understand the TA.
  11. Was it the 2 decades of going to mess balls unaccompanied that did it in the end?
  12. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

13. well done and good luck.
  14. Says somebody else who has never heard a shot fired in anger...
  15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Put on kettle, arrange hob-nobs on plate, sit back and watch the fun. Looks like BB & PG are off on their lovefest again!! :)
    • Like Like x 1