Off the turps for three days but a thundering hangover.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Aug 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have been off the grog for three days, mainly to give my liver a bit of a holiday and save a bit of cash, but woke up this morning with a bloody awful hangover.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. Fits and hallucinations will start soon.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thanks mate......hope they will be entertaining, but they can't start before tea time, as I have quite a busy afternoon planned.

However, am interested if this is a common occurrence as it has never happened to me before.

4. I drink like a fish but as a contractor you can't drink in theatre. I found It very hard to get to sleep the first night I was deployed without booze but after that no problem.

Look further. Are you drinking to blot out a pain for example???

5. Ray Milland saw bats and rats crawling in and out of his wall in his apartment when the D.T.s started, so you have that to look forward to? :?

6. Fuck that.

7. Hasn't happened to me, but I imagine that it's just your body voiding itself of accumulated toxins and shit. Vitamin A helps apparently, and upping your water intake a bit might speed the process up a bit.

8. Great, will charge them board and lodgings.

9. Think you're right.

Struck me as interesting though.

PS Found a place in New Farm

10. Good, I'd be back there myself if I could scheme a way of making it work.

11. Same.....but different. I do the 'off' the coffee thingy a few times a year. When I do, about(ish) a day later...BAM! A fucking huge headache. First time it happened I thought fucking great a tumour. Turns out it's the caffiene 'thingy' and going cold turkey.

12. Moving in together and buying each other clothes? :)

13. Apparently there was a household of trann...er, TG there years ago. I can't even begin to imagine what their domestic arrangements must have been.

14. If you want to make it easier, fake a back injury and get your doc to give you a party pack of Codeine or Tramadol. Take them to keep 'the horrors' at bay.