Royal Oak good pub and campsite and you can get Breakfast there.First thanks to everyone for their contributions. Plenty to do and plenty to store for next time.
Our plan is the Peak District (thanks particularly to @Scaley Albereto , @wheel).
As per the map below:
Arrive by car at Ashbourne
Take the Tissington Train 13m N to Parsley Hay
Camp at Royal Oak near Hurdlow
* Somehow Xcountry from Hurdl to Monsal Trail start point near Little Longstone (not Bakewell???)
Take Monsal Trail for 8m to Millers Dale
Millers Dale to Tideswell Dale
Abseil at Tideswell Dale of Tideswell Dale Bridge
* Perhaps Free Camp
* Somehow Xcountry to Chatsworth House
Visit Chatsworth House
* tab back to Ashbourne
View attachment 514552
View attachment 514558
1) Does the plan miss anything worth doing
2) Any suggestions around the three * above
3) Particularly the last *, Is tabbing from Chatsworth to Ashbourne the right thing to do - it doesn't appear to be a route and I hate tabbing in a bergen along a civvie road without pavement..
4) If I wanted to get to Sheffield after Ashbourne, any thoughts (apart from not doing it obviously).
Thanks to all for everything so far.
I will post route Hurdlow to Little Longstone for you later. PackHorse Brilliant pub
Wild Camp Tideswell Dale in Old Quarry go down dale from carpark at first gate take track to the left. Bonus you can use the bogs at the car park
Anglers Arms at Millers Dale is good
Get Bus from Chatsworth to Ashbourne
If you need any advice assistance PM me.