Off duty special constable stabbed to death

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by finbarr_saunders, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Awful. At least we know the Police will do their utmost to find the killer.

Condolences to her family ,colleagues and friends.
  3. Agreed

4. deepest respect to her for going out and tackling quite likely the same spineless scotes who she chased off days earlier.
    are specials allowed to keep batons and cs when they are off duty?
    i think this re-affirms the arguement for people of good standing being allowed a defensive weapon or 3...
    this could and does happen anywhere, at any time- its time the government woke up and took a hard look at the problems they are blinkering themselves from..
  5. Don't know about now, but when I was a Met Special back in seventies/early eighties we did not have the delicious delights of CS, but my baton was kept at home beside the bed ready for using on burglars. There never was any, but that might be because so many coppers lived in the road it was known locally as Truncheon Alley.
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

My condolences.
  7. Through The Mud

Through The Blood

To The Green Fields And Beyond

Rest In Peace Nisha
  8. I wouldn't have thought so, I dont think civilians in mainland UK are allowed to keep weapons for self defence and a special constable is still a civilian.

RIP, Condolences to friends family and colleagues, and good luck on catching the murdering little shit.
  9. My condolences, Rest in peace.

Hope they are caught soon as possible, my thoughts are with the family, colleagues and friends.

10. RIP Nisha.

My condolences to her Family, Friends and colleagues

11. Another sad day.

12. My mates a special at uni and he keeps all his uniform, handcuff's etc.
  13. Both specials and regular officers can only take handcuffs out of the station while off duty. Anything else is a weapon which is illegal to carry when not performing your job that allows the use of it. So no, CS and baton can not be taken off duty regardless of being regular of special.
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Nisha.