• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Off duty special constable stabbed to death

LONDON (Reuters) -
A part-time policewoman has been stabbed to death outside her home in London.

Police named her on Friday as special police constable Nisha Patel-Nasri, 29, who was off duty when she was killed late on Thursday night.

Neighbours called police after they heard screams and a male wearing a hooded top was seen running away from the scene.

A neighbour administered first aid but Patel-Nasri died later in hospital.

Police said Patel-Nasri, a hairdresser, had been alone in the house she shared with her husband Fadi in Wembley.

Earlier this month she had reported an attempted burglary, when three men tried to gain entry through the front entrance of the house, a police statement said.

They were challenged by Patel-Nasri and fled.

deepest respect to her for going out and tackling quite likely the same spineless scotes who she chased off days earlier.
are specials allowed to keep batons and cs when they are off duty?
i think this re-affirms the arguement for people of good standing being allowed a defensive weapon or 3...
this could and does happen anywhere, at any time- its time the government woke up and took a hard look at the problems they are blinkering themselves from..

Don't know about now, but when I was a Met Special back in seventies/early eighties we did not have the delicious delights of CS, but my baton was kept at home beside the bed ready for using on burglars. There never was any, but that might be because so many coppers lived in the road it was known locally as Truncheon Alley.

finbarr_saunders said:
deepest respect to her for going out and tackling quite likely the same spineless scotes who she chased off days earlier.
are specials allowed to keep batons and cs when they are off duty?
i think this re-affirms the arguement for people of good standing being allowed a defensive weapon or 3...
this could and does happen anywhere, at any time- its time the government woke up and took a hard look at the problems they are blinkering themselves from..
I wouldn't have thought so, I dont think civilians in mainland UK are allowed to keep weapons for self defence and a special constable is still a civilian.

RIP, Condolences to friends family and colleagues, and good luck on catching the murdering little shit.

My condolences, Rest in peace.

Hope they are caught soon as possible, my thoughts are with the family, colleagues and friends.

CC_TA

Both specials and regular officers can only take handcuffs out of the station while off duty. Anything else is a weapon which is illegal to carry when not performing your job that allows the use of it. So no, CS and baton can not be taken off duty regardless of being regular of special.

my dad was a special , he did bring his cuffs and baton back from duty , we are talking probably a different era, he has since left, we know of the dangers of the job.

it was a failed burglary , there was no need to add murder to the charge list.

RIP

Latest Threads