Off-duty soldier dies after fight

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tango, Jan 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just found the following on the BBC news website.

Link

In my opinion, the headline seems to make it sound as if L/Cpl McBlain was intentionally involved in a fight, as opposed to what actually happened. Or am I just reading too much into it?

RIP

2. I see your point about the headline - they could have written "Off-duty soldier dies after attack" or something similar, especially as he'd gone to the aid of a friend.

Rest In Peace, LCpl McBlain.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Young man.

Funny how the majority of the press/public still see soldier as thugs who enjoy nothing more than a good fight!

4. Some ****ing start to the year! :evil:

An off-duty soldier killed trying to protect a friend, and a child fatally mauled by a pit bull dog.

Drink-fuelled assaults and the ownership of dangerous dogs are the hallmarks of a distinctive class. Will 2007 be the "Year of the Mong"?

5. Just found that myself, a very sad story.

I didn't think it implied he was aggressive, I believe it was very clear in indicating he went to help an injured friend. Good to see the coppers are investigating the initial attacks as attempted murder, it's a shame they won't end up swinging like Saddam.

RIP

6. L/Cpl McBlain, RIP lad.

As always, thoughts are with family and friends.

7. what a waste. RIP.

8. RIP, condolences to his family.

9. Waste of a life of a brave man to the scum of our soceity, RIP.

10. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

RIP Soldier

11. RIP mate.

12. RIP. Condolences to his family.

A sad loss.

fastmedic

13. Nemo nos impune lacessit.
    [​IMG]

I hope the knife-wielding scumbag who did it gets put away for life and raped with a broken bottle.

RIP Charlie.

14. RIP Mate.
    My condolences to family, friends and comrades.

Ne Obliviscaris.