Off-duty soldier dies after fight

I just found the following on the BBC news website.

Link

In my opinion, the headline seems to make it sound as if L/Cpl McBlain was intentionally involved in a fight, as opposed to what actually happened. Or am I just reading too much into it?

RIP

I see your point about the headline - they could have written "Off-duty soldier dies after attack" or something similar, especially as he'd gone to the aid of a friend.

Rest In Peace, LCpl McBlain.

RIP Young man.

Funny how the majority of the press/public still see soldier as thugs who enjoy nothing more than a good fight!

Some ****ing start to the year! :evil:

An off-duty soldier killed trying to protect a friend, and a child fatally mauled by a pit bull dog.

Drink-fuelled assaults and the ownership of dangerous dogs are the hallmarks of a distinctive class. Will 2007 be the "Year of the Mong"?

Just found that myself, a very sad story.

I didn't think it implied he was aggressive, I believe it was very clear in indicating he went to help an injured friend. Good to see the coppers are investigating the initial attacks as attempted murder, it's a shame they won't end up swinging like Saddam.

RIP

L/Cpl McBlain, RIP lad.

As always, thoughts are with family and friends.

RIP Soldier

Nemo nos impune lacessit.

I hope the knife-wielding scumbag who did it gets put away for life and raped with a broken bottle.

RIP Charlie.

RIP Mate.
My condolences to family, friends and comrades.

Ne Obliviscaris.

RIP, a tragic loss to all of society

RIP fella.

Sounds like it was quiet a big fight if the police released the fact that there were two disturbances involving in excess of 10 persons. I hope they get and pot the cnuts involved.

Hopefuly they'll get a decent sentence too. At least scots law is a bit more sensible then england & wales, so there's a good chance they will.

RIP.

Let's hope they find the scum who did it and scoop his kidneys out with a spoon.