Off duty police officer shot dead in Clacton on Sea.

RIP Officer, I dare say the Government will come out with some patronising drivel about Police always doing their duty and what a dangerous but appreciated job they do...... But will continue to stab them in the back. Ian did his job despite being off duty and paid the ultimate price, not that this Government cares.

RIP.

It would be naive to go into the job thinking that any government gave a shite about you .

RIP.It would be naive to go into the job thinking that any government gave a shite about you .
Unless you was a Fat Cat Banker funding their Party.

Let's re-title the original post - 'Police Officer', please.

Making belittling remarks about a man shot dead doing his duty only make the OP look like a complete plork.

tac

Usual journo mongs asking about how he was able to own a handgun, head plod trying to explain to mong the things are banned.

As the officer was off duty at the time I'd say it wouldn't have made much difference unless armed officers carried off duty like in some US states. That's a situation most police I've spoken to would not like to see.

It's not often I'll comment on a RIP thread but it took some stones to confront an armed man while unarmed.

A truly brave man.

As the officer was off duty at the time I'd say it wouldn't have made much difference unless armed officers carried off duty like in some US states. That's a situation most police I've spoken to would not like to see.

It's not often I'll comment on a RIP thread but it took some stones to confront an armed man while unarmed.

A truly brave man.
Well said.

A very sad and terrible day for this Policemans family and friends. Rest in Peace to him and my condolences to them.

Time for another unarmed vs armed plod discussion? I think if you are serious in protecting the lives of your staff, you have got to give them the means to defend their lives, whether they want them or not. There, i said it.

It is dead easy to bring guns into the UK, i came in by car/train from Calais last Saturday, the very day before the bags held my belongings, they contained a dozen guns and a 1000+ rounds of ammo. I do wonder if it had made any difference? What is the going rate of say a Sig P226 in 9mm or a FA MP5?

UK border took my passport and a swab of the steering wheel (which certainly contained residue), off i went. Piss easy, no?

Nightmare. I take the wifey and kids regular to Clacton for days out and its just up the road in colley. RIP - very brave bloke.

Time for another unarmed vs armed plod discussion? I think if you are serious in protecting the lives of your staff, you have got to give them the means to defend their lives, whether they want them or not. There, i said it.

It is dead easy to bring guns into the UK, i came in by car/train from Calais last Saturday, the very day before the bags held my belongings, they contained a dozen guns and a 1000+ rounds of ammo. I do wonder if it had made any difference? What is the going rate of say a Sig P226 in 9mm or a FA MP5?

UK border took my passport and a swab of the steering wheel (which certainly contained residue), off i went. Piss easy, no?
Since the police officer who died was off-duty at the time, arming the police - which will never happen anyway - would not have made any difference in this case.

RIP. Condolences to family and friends.

Plod???....come on guys show the poor bugger some respect.