Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFCOM's new Hate Speech Definitions

Fabius Maximus

Old-Salt
As of 4th, Jan 2021, OFCOM redefined it's Hate Speech Definitions in it's Broadcasting Code.

Full info here - Section three: Crime, disorder, hatred and abuse

Here's what it now considers the meaning of Hate Speech

My bold - what on earth does that mean!?

To me it means the death of creativity, and it means that any vigorous argument or criticism (such as how critical examination of certain religions is now treated as hate speech) of any opinion could be construed at 'hate' and instantly shut down.

I also expect it to be very selectively applied.
Very concerning. Good spot there; I’m sure it will be fairly and equitably applied to all opinions...

Thus taking police away from dealing with real crime.
We're far too busy dealing with all those 'real crimes' called in by the types who used to whine about next doors car parking in 'their spot' now the Government has handed them full Stazi informant powers.

And its frightening how many sad little Grasses there are out there.

Isn't the official police term 'Informants.'
Opinion is divided on the matter.
Personally I like 'snitches' as it lends itself to the alliterative saying.
:)

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
We're far too busy dealing with all those 'real crimes' called in by the types who used to whine about next doors car parking in 'their spot' now the Government has handed them full Stazi informant powers.

And its frightening how many sad little Grasses there are out there.
Those curtains don't just twitch by themselves, you know.

So is there actually anything we can say to anyone, or do we have to walk about heads bowed never talking and never making eye contact...never mind if you talk to a woman, you really are in the brown stuff then.

The sooner a polly has the cojones to remove the term hate speech from the statute book and repeal all the legislation about "causing offence", the better. We might then be better able to deal with real crime, real issues and stop pandering to minority fantasists. Are you listening Priti?

Not that I'm holding my breath.

Latest Threads