Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

OFCOM to be given wide ranging powers that would kill off the likes of ARRSE

It doesn't say that there has to be BAME representation in Advertising, though, does it? And where is it mandated that historical programmes involving the Services must have people of colour in it? Don't make things up! And what's wrong in being judged by peers representing the diverse community that modern Britain is?

And I can't be arrsed to list the millions of 'people of colour' who served under the British flag in world wars one and two. Or the size of the Indian Army in world war two - the largest volunteer army ever. Or perhaps they don't count?

If you are in London, have a look at the friezes at the base of Nelson's Column and spot the BAME sailors and marines. But I'm sure they were put there for 'diversity ' reasons in the 1850s.

I am sure Lord Randolph appreciates it!
4F4EDDB2-0CAA-4121-9AE5-E743161EC735.jpeg

Well wrong, minorities equalling 19% has blacks appearing in 5.65% of adverts. Yet you manage to see them in 40-50% of ads. You see the problem here? You appear to be filtering out a hell of a lot of ads.

The figures above certainly point to the direction of the agenda, it's the one which makes bold and highly inaccurate assertions but when corrected, refuses to acknowledge being wrong.
Sorry, I don't understand your second paragraph.

IMHO you are erroneously conflating (mostly mythical) racial hatred with (genuine popular) resentment at imposed demographic change and cultural destruction.
Imposed demographic change? Who is imposing this change? And at what point does resentment become hatred?

I can only surmise that you live very sheltered lives. In my professional practice its 40% women and overall 30% BAME. Is there resentment from the white, Male staff? Not that I've noticed; I suppose that education and travel means that corporately, our company of 2800 is colour-agnostic.

Try the Advertiser's trade body, the IPA.....

The IPA 2015-2017 President, Tom Knox established a set of diversity targets for our industry to work towards:

• Women to hold 40% of senior positions.
  • At least 15% of people in leadership positions will be from non-white backgrounds.
  • At least 25% of entry level recruits should be BAME.

Whatever happened to being recruited due to one's talent?
And where does this state it's the law to have BAME in Advertising- or is this something else you've made up?

I was wrong, black people make up 3% of the British population, not 15%.

Still no explanation as to why they are so prominent in TV ads. Other than it's an attempt at social engineering of course.

For the record, it's got bugger all to do with colour. I'd feel the same way if blonde people were being thrust at us as being the norm. It just feels like there's an agenda there to make something appear more commonplace than it actually is.
Oh, the old saw: "I'm not a racist, but..."

It doesn't say that there has to be BAME representation in Advertising, though, does it.to be judges bybpeers representing the diverse community that modern Britain is is surely no bad thing, is it?

I'm saying there is to much BAME representation not that there shouldn't be any

And I can't be arrsed to list the millions of 'people of colour' who served under the British flag in world wars one and two. Or the size of the Indian Army in world war two - the largest volunteer army ever. Or perhaps they don't count?
It doesn't say that there has to be BAME representation in Advertising, though, does it.to be judges bybpeers representing the diverse community that modern Britain is is surely no bad thing, is it?

I'm saying there is too much BAME representation not that there shouldn't be any.

Please leave the bullshit out, it's got nothing to do with the subject being discussed

Last edited:
Imposed demographic change? Who is imposing this change? And at what point does resentment become hatred?

I can only surmise that you live very sheltered lives. In my professional practice its 40% women and overall 30% BAME. Is there resentment from the white, Male staff? Not that I've noticed; I suppose that education and travel means that corporately, our company of 2800 is colour-agnostic.
Did you select them all on merit?, the police and fire service didn't have that pleasure
The police and fire service were instructed to reach a set percentage of women or BAME, they even dropped the standards to get the required numbers
, I believe targets have been set for the army for the percentage of women and BAME

I'm saying that you have an agenda. Big difference between 5.655 and 40-50% isn't there?
If you want to call me a racist, at least have the balls to do so openly. You can search 15 years of my posts and you won't find a single instance of anything I've ever said that's racist, in fact, you'll probably find the opposite.

So, instead of taking the lazy way out by trying to close down debate by misusing the R word, perhaps you can tell me why you think BAME individuals are so prevalent on TV ads?

If you think only 5% of ads contain black people, your TV is very different to mine and the rest of those in Britain.

If you want to call me a racist, at least have the balls to do so openly. You can search 15 years of my posts and you won't find a single instance of anything I've ever said that's racist, in fact, you'll probably find the opposite.

So, instead of taking the lazy way out by trying to close down debate by misusing the R word, perhaps you can tell me why you think BAME individuals are so prevalent on TV ads?

If you think only 5% of ads contain black people, your TV is very different to mine and the rest of those in Britain.
I've said you have an agenda, what it is I don't know. I'm mightily tired of middle aged, white male self-labeling as victims on this site though.

I've given you a link to research carried out and you choose to ignore it completely, still sticking to your 40-50% figures and have provided diddly squat evidence to back up your assertions.

What am I supposed to think? "Oh yeah, he's got a point there as long as I ignore research"?

I've said you have an agenda, what it is I don't know. I'm mightily tired of middle aged, white male self-labeling as victims on this site though.

I've given you a link to research carried out and you choose to ignore it completely, still sticking to your 40-50% figures and have provided diddly squat evidence to back up your assertions.

What am I supposed to think? "Oh yeah, he's got a point there as long as I ignore research"?
I didn't ignore you're research, I just noticed it's four years old. Even so, it supports my argument. Even taking those figures as accurate then, (and almost certainly conservative today), why are 3% of the population being represented as being '19%' of the population? It's a simple question and yet despite all the bluster, no one is able to answer it.

My 40% to 50% figure is based on what I see. Take any five minute run of adverts and you do the counting.

All I want is a reason why they are over represented.

I didn't ignore you're research, I just noticed it's four years old. Even so, it supports my argument. Even taking those figures as accurate then, (and almost certainly conservative today), why are 3% of the population being represented as being '19%' of the population? It's a simple question and yet despite all the bluster, no one is able to answer it.

My 40% to 50% figure is based on what I see. Take any five minute run of adverts and you do the counting.

All I want is a reason why they are over represented.

Gotta make up for those decades of abuse you know. Modern day reparations are required in an “ inclusive” society.