OF Main / Level 1 of 9

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by msr, Jun 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Just a quick question about these levels: Is this an automatic annual increment?

If promoted on 1 Jul 2007, when should someone be on the next band and what band should they be on now?

2. That is an annual increment, but depends how much you were earning on a previous Rank to which band you start at, in theroy you will go up a band on 1 Jul 2008.
  3. msr

msr LE

And again in July 2009?
  4. Yes,

Level 1 on promotion on 01 Jul 2007.
    Level 2 on the anniversary of promotion therefore in this case on 01 Jul 2008
    Level 3 on 01 July 2009 etc

Providing... your Annual Appraisal is at least satisfactory. If not then it can be withheld for a year and reviewed at the next appraisal.

5. Also don't forget an LE Capt on promotion to Major will remain at Level 5 until such time as other DE Capts promoted to Major catch up for pay purposes (i.e. 5 years) :cry:
  6. Also as you are TA you must have been paid bounty to progress.

7. Unfortunately, the 'system' ensures that this entitlement is not an "automatic" annual increment - it usually currently requires Chief Clerk type manual intervention. Despite the entirely correct pronouncements above it merely "should" be an automatic annual increment.

Why JPA mostly screws it up for TA officers when it clearly often manages it for Regs, I leave up to somebody who cares. But it may be something to do with having to be certified as efficient (which we already have been for bounty but ...)

If I sound even more bitter and cynical than normal ... (it took 4 months to sort mine out).