OEX Jackal III

OEX Jackal III

I’m in a similar situation to you. I was thinking about replacing our 8 man palace with an inflatable job but can’t really justify it. It’s only a few years old and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

A mate and his new bird came up here recently with an inflatable one. Can’t remember the make or model but it was a decent (expensive) one.

They only stayed for one night. The thing deflated with them in it and a thoroughly shit time was had.

It also didn’t appear to be that much quicker than normal poles. Took quite sometime to inflate and he wasn’t close enough to his car to use an electric pump.
I must admit, I do like our Outwell. Bought a front extension for it so lovely amount of space, and can sit under cover whilst it's raining but still be outside in teh fresh air, if you see what I mean.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I must admit, I do like our Outwell. Bought a front extension for it so lovely amount of space, and can sit under cover whilst it's raining but still be outside in teh fresh air, if you see what I mean.
Sounds pretty similar to what we’ve got.

Hi Gear Zenobia with porch.

Like this (not my pic).
99878C63-E20B-434F-A6C9-CD29C1F6951B.jpeg

Theres a place in yorkshire near killinghall aways had display stuff going cheap end of season maybe worth looking at others like, or see if stacker1 got some ITC going cheap

May I also suggest blue light card. There are many places that offer a greater discount than the defence discount card. One example being KFC which gives 25% off to blue light holders, as opposed to , I think, just 10% on DD.
Army and veterans qualify for BLC.
As do MoD Civvies.

It's definitely a handy card to have and it's saved me a fair amount on family outings and stuff :)

As do MoD Civvies.

It's definitely a handy card to have and it's saved me a fair amount on family outings and stuff :)
My wife carries my DD and BLC in her purse and often just asks at various places if there is a discount. Quite often the place is not affiliated with either scheme but they say "Oh...I suppose you can have ?% off" or whatever anyway. She has noticed the BLC gets better results - seems more widely recognised / people recognise emergency services more maybe???

My wife carries my DD and BLC in her purse and often just asks at various places if there is a discount. Quite often the place is not affiliated with either scheme but they say "Oh...I suppose you can have ?% off" or whatever anyway. She has noticed the BLC gets better results - seems more widely recognised / people recognise emergency services more maybe???
I do the same. Sometimes you get lucky. BLC certainly gets a lot more favour in recent times as everyone is currently pretending to love the emergency services.

Like this (not my pic).View attachment 495262

Not the exact model, but we got something like this:

And no, we didn't pay as much as that for it.

Like this (not my pic).View attachment 495262
1596818878487.png

Slightly smaller but very easy to put up....and canvas so breaths....the Cabanon Guadeloupe or Barbados is the best tent we have ever had....rock steady in storms , never leaks and with the addition of the sun canopy and 2 end panels is very spacious .
Mine is currently in the field with the addition of a parachute draped over it to stop the birds shitting on it and sleeping in it most nights.....
It's lovely waking up in dry tent when others around have spent half the night awake in a flapping plastic one in a storm .

View attachment 495274
Slightly smaller but very easy to put up....and canvas so breaths....the Cabanon Guadeloupe or Barbados is the best tent we have ever had....rock steady in storms , never leaks and with the addition of the sun canopy and 2 end panels is very spacious .
Mine is currently in the field with the addition of a parachute draped over it to stop the birds shitting on it and sleeping in it most nights.....
It's lovely waking up in dry tent when others around have spent half the night awake in a flapping plastic one in a storm .
That does look a nice tent.

Latest Threads