Oesling NATO Military Exercise and the Vielsalm Incident

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by SwanSongUnsung, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the night of 12/13 May 1984, around 2 o'clock in the morning, during the Oesling NATO Military Exercise, the so called Vielsalm Incident took place.

The Vielsalm station in Belgium was attacked and a guard was shot several times, but miraculously survived. A large quantity of arms were stolen.

Later some of these arms ended up in the hands of the French terrorist group Action Directe, and the Belgian terrorist group Les Cellules Communistes Combattantes.

The identity of the attackers remains a total mystery.
  2. And.............................. :?
  3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

And your point is?
  4. The guard was shot with a Thompson 45 submachine gun.

My understanding is that this gun was considered obsolete in 1984. I have also been informed that blanks were never developed for use with this weapon. There could therefore be no possibility of misunderstanding as far as this weapon was concerned. The person who fired the weapon would have known that it could not have contained blanks.

I am in direct contact with the Vielsalm commanding officer of that time. He informed me yesterday that a regular team of U.S. Special Forces personnel had been assigned the task of "attacking" Viesalm, for the purpose of the military exercise but they were stood down at the last moment. The "assassins" then took their place.

Much has been written about the Vielsalm incident. Many people point the finger at U.S. Special Forces and/or right-wing elements within NATO. I personally do not believe this.

I would be very grateful for any information concerning Oesling Military Exercises. I am also interested in use, by the military, of the Thompson 45 submachine gun.
  5. Weren't 49 on that exercise? They always had some dodgy bods in the ranks.
  6. Nah, it was quarante-neuf.
  7. msr

msr LE

Break out the tin foil....
  8. The name of the commanding officer of the time is Jean-Claude Marlair. I say that I am in direct contact with him. Are you calling me a liar?

I suggest you check your facts and engage your brain before spouting rubbish at the keyboard, msr.
  9. msr

msr LE

I am just waiting for this to be linked to a high level paedophile ring, protected by corrupt members of the Belgian Royal Family, senior policemen and members of the judiciary :)
  10. It's true!

I read it on the internet in the post above.

11. Tom Hanks had one in Saving Private Ryan. Hope that helps.
  12. Presumably the whole plot originated in Thanet.
  13. Thank you for the Saving Private Ryan information.

A Belgian soldier, performing military service at the time, made a sworn statement identifying the individuals whom he claimed was involved in the Vielsalm attack.

And no, there is not a single known paedophile, judge, policeman or member of the Belgian Royal Family among them.

And no, Thanet does not appear at all in connection with this story.

The alibis of these individuals were not checked out. But the story does not stop there. One of these individuals had also been accused of murdering a 16 year old girl. The individual claimed to have an alibi in Germany. He said that he had been on guard duty at a military base at the time. The investigators went to Germany to check out his story, and discovered that the alibi was false.

Nevertheless, the individual was never prosecuted. Indeed the story of this "false alibi" was never made public.

I must admit that this sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory. I simply ask that members of this site withhold judgement until I produce the documents that confirm what I say.
  14. Why? I mean, why start a thread then suddenly ask us to keep schtumm until you do a Paul Daniels?
  15. Or it was nicked out out of a GI's jeep 40 years before?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.