ODPs become the 13th Profession

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by ibilola, Oct 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the ODP website:

On Monday 18 October 2004, with no fuss or fanfare, the newest profession to regulated by the Health Professional Council came into being.

The AODP, the professional body for ODPs, handed over responsibility for the regulation of the profession to the HPC, whilst maintaining their role as the representatives of the profession.

After decades of work and effort, the ODP has now achieved the same status as those of their fellow Allied Health Professionals and have the protected title of Operating Department Practitioner.

:D

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It should become the 'oldest proffession'! :wink:

Are they bringing in advanced floor mopping? (NVQ 2)

3. Thanks to those who have worked for this.
    Always liked the OTT designation though.
    1970's vintage :D

4. F~~k ODP- OTT Through and Through-ODPs Only fit to wipe Floors (Half a Qualification !)

5. But it pays well on Bank :twisted:

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Maybe the same people who sorted that out could get to grips with the CMT/ Paramedic mystery!

7. And obviously easily outsmarted with such a rapier like wit as this is.
    Mind you I wonder if being the "thirteenth" profession has a hidden meaning to it 8)

8. Yes it does £120 to pay out for "The Honour" + £45 to belong toi AODP !

9. No sh1t sherlock got the papers a few days ago £120 every two years can live with that, AODP not needed any longer, apart from the job page monthly it is arrse.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Youre stillall gits!

Stella is evil!

11. Been called a lot worse usually by u Venty old chap

12. see youve got your finger on the pulse there Bodyarmour, ODPs no longer have to be members of AODP, prior to becoming the 13th profession, ODPs had to be members of AODP as it was the only way to register and with the Military insisting that all Mil ODPs had to be registered and the majority of Civi hospitals only employing registered ODPs, all had to join the organisation, see how many people actually renew their membership next year though!!

13. £45 saved for our next drinking sesh would u not agree Foxy

14. too right bud, you sorted the tickets yet? :D

15. So you guys have finally joined the HPC, lucky you. We have been members for a while now & all it means to me is that Civvys can gain access to the web site & find out where I am working (with as many ex's as I have, not really a good idea), & yeh, we have to pay £120 aswell! Bloody rip off.