ODP Deployment Frequency?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nate4077, Mar 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How often do Army ODP's deploy roughly? I am trying to decide between regular service and TA, sorry to badger but hard to find these facts.

Thanks for your help

2. Why, don't you want to deploy?... Well I should imagine there's in the region of 95 Army ODPs (at a guess), take away the downgraded and I'd imagine theres 75 deployable (I'm sure someone will put me straight if my guestimates way out)... I'd say 6 ODPs per deployment of 3 months, so that would be erm... 18 per year. You can do the math.

Theres about 30 odd RAF ODPs and the TA generally take priority over deploying when its their units deployment, although the Regulars are on shadow cover in case one of the TA drop out... No Comment.

Stand by Stand by...
  3. No way dude, certainly happy to deploy otherwise I would not consider it.
  4. Fair one nate, good luck with whichever way you decide to go. If you don't wan't to deploy you could always become an Phys Med Tech... lol
  5. i loved my deployment with the RAF IN Basrah. I developed so much it was untrue.
  6. are the RAF ODP's still led from the front by their glorious leader?
  7. Glorious leader?? Which one u talking about.

They all lurk around on here.
  8. Oops sorry odprhino. Didn't read that right.

The RAF man named after a scottish lager who has been saying he is leaving for the last god know how many years. Been offered so many jobs he does not know what one to take. Last time I heard he was still lurking, I saw him about 18 months ago and he was still full of brown smelly stuff.