ODP Civvy jobs.......fancy a change?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by odprhino, Feb 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Plenty of trained Band 5 ODP vacancies here in Lincolnshire, ODP's with reasonable experience should be able to 'come in' on 27.5K. Anyone leaving the services or who just fancy a change will be very welcome, give me a call... look forward to hearing from you if i was allowed to post my name occupation and phone number on here!!.
  2. so they're taking on band 5's at top of scale are they?
  3. yes...i can assure you of that, i will also add that your military service is also counted as NHS service, so you will also, providing you have done at least 10 years in the service, get the top whack of the NHS's leave allocation, for those who dont know, the NHS offers different leave allowances for those individuals who have served either 5 or 10+ years. So..if you are interested, then give us a call.
  4. P_J

P_J Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Is that purely for the anaesthetics side or is there a scrub option?
  5. both options are available, as they come under the banner of 'theatre practitioner'. If you are multi talented you can split your time accordingly, scrub and anaesthetics, or....if you are a true ODP, we might be able to find a recovery position.
  6. P_J

P_J Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Can it still be called recovery?? It was PACU down south. Ortho trauma is my favourite. What's the ODP Training like down there? Is it the 3 or 2yr option?
  7. still called recovery at our gaff. ODP training is 2 years, our candidates are attached to uni, although its all a bit nursey and tree huggy and reflective now.
  8. entirely possible if you have current relevant experience, it depends how desperate the trust is to fill the vacancies , Pilgrim is a long where from any where to be honest with Lincolnshire's pap roads ... equally Lincolnshire's roads produce some interesting trauma
  9. If anyone fancies an informal visit........just let me know.
  10. I strolled into a job starting at £31454 (high end band 6) plus 20% on call and as much over time as you can be arsed to do. Jobs are there if you look and have the spuds to apply for and of course do well at the interview.
  11. I get up in the morning at 10 o'clock at night half an hour before I go to bed, work 39 hours a day down the mill AND pay the mill owner for permission to go to work and when I get home my wife kills me and dances on my grave singing hallelujah.
  12. Luxury......
  13. where are you working now mate? i thought you were in Germany..