Odins Pig

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DogsAndMonsters, Apr 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to be a bit of a bore; however can anyone tell me the name of Odin's Pig. Not sure whether this ought to be in "Current Affairs" however there doesn't seem to be a "Farmyard" Section.....

Good pub quiz question.
  2. tried google? the only reference i found was Valkerie, odin's pig was called Saerimner. Would help if we knew what you were on about!
  3. It's not that WRAF slapper causing grief at a court martial in Bulford as we speak, is it?
  4. Saerimner old chap
  5. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Sarimner. So says Google. (this wasn't a trick question was it?)

6. I know Bladdud had a pig.

Mind you, Ahem, I've had a few myself over the years! But you'll not get their names.....infact, I'm not sure I know most of them myself.
  7. Nope, no trick question, it's just I am writing a paper and wanted to make a reference to Odin's Pig, no....dont ask what the paper was about.

Although did you know his wife was in fact called Frigg.....
  8. What is it with those crazy Vikings? When the rest of us were inventing our mythical creatures, we dreamt up Dragons, Pegasi and Hydra. What do they come up with to strike terror into their children, and enthrall listeners sitting round the campfire?

A PIG! FFS. :roll: :wink:
  9. Frigg the Pig!

You couldn't make it up - sounds like something Rebecca Loos might get involved with.......
  10. True Sleeper, reminds me of some saying or other though ..... "Arguing with an infantryman is like wrestling with a pig; you both get muddy, but the pig enjoys it."

Talking about Frigging a pig, didn't some minor celeb have to do that on a reality show? Must have been on the Independant Network, 'cos I'm sure Aunty woudn't have shown that...

Must dash the lights come on in the bosses office.....and he wants his PC back
  11. I'm sure theres an insult in there somewhere, but I'm fecked if I can figure it out! :? :oops:
    Good skills D&M, you have clearly found my level, and raised the bar. :D
  12. George Clooney had a pot bellied pig not sure what its name is tho, it looks like any of the fat slappers i see in Nighclubs round town :lol:
  13. His other friends HUGIN (thought) and MUNIN (memory)-Odin's Ravens
  14. His eight-legged horse SLEIPNIR