Odds on Dying

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Rocketeer, Jan 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems the recent spate of ' natural disasters' has caused a minor raucus among the hoi polloi over what might kill them in their sleep.

besides the usual fear of whackos leaping out of a dark alley or breaking into the house here's some numbers to mull over the next beer:

death by fireworks accident: 1 in 615,488
    death by dog bite: 1 in 147,717
    death by legal execution: 1 in 58,618
    death by riding a bike: 1 in 4,663
    death by car accident: 1 in 247
    death by suicide: 1 in 121

as for earthquake or hurricane: 1 in 3,357

all figures based on US population parameters...

no figures for dying of boredom from watching reality TV starring Paris Hilton

2. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

What about death by outlaw monkey-sex?

3. It's not boredom I'm going to die of watching Paris Hilton - it's dehydration.

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Or death by GSW? I wonder if the UK is catching up with the US on gun-related deaths?

5. 100% fatal, no chance of survival.

6. Not even close

7. odds on tone 'the teflon don' bliar getting voted back into power by the armed forces?

1-10000000021.9 :twisted:

8. As long as you clip their claws, and dont let them bite, you should be okay. :D

9. In the UK, the odds must be 1 - 1,000,000 (allowing for 60 of the pests out there). In the USofA, about 1 - 500,000 as they have five times the population but are 10 times more likely to do it :roll: or is my math(s) pants?

10. What are the odds off suddenly dropping down dead whilst sitting on front of your PC minding your own busin..............................................................

11. There is one reality film starring Paris Hilton which I found quite... er... stimulating :D

12. Chickenpunk:

getting orf watching a matchstick figure in lace teddy turns your crank, does it?.. Was she better than Pam Anderson, in all her pneumatic glory, in her first ' reality' show?

13. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't climb over her to get to you.

14. You're just not entering into the spirit of National Gay, Lesbian, Transwotsit Month, are you? :D

15. Wrong: I'm very happy to watch films featuring lesbians. :D