Odds on Dying

#1
Seems the recent spate of ' natural disasters' has caused a minor raucus among the hoi polloi over what might kill them in their sleep.

besides the usual fear of whackos leaping out of a dark alley or breaking into the house here's some numbers to mull over the next beer:

death by fireworks accident: 1 in 615,488
death by dog bite: 1 in 147,717
death by legal execution: 1 in 58,618
death by riding a bike: 1 in 4,663
death by car accident: 1 in 247
death by suicide: 1 in 121

as for earthquake or hurricane: 1 in 3,357

all figures based on US population parameters...

no figures for dying of boredom from watching reality TV starring Paris Hilton
 
#7
odds on tone 'the teflon don' bliar getting voted back into power by the armed forces?

1-10000000021.9 :twisted:
 
#9
Topper said:
RTFQ said:
What about death by outlaw monkey-sex?
As long as you clip their claws, and dont let them bite, you should be okay. :D
In the UK, the odds must be 1 - 1,000,000 (allowing for 60 of the pests out there). In the USofA, about 1 - 500,000 as they have five times the population but are 10 times more likely to do it :roll: or is my math(s) pants?
 
#10
What are the odds off suddenly dropping down dead whilst sitting on front of your PC minding your own busin..............................................................
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#11
Rocketeer said:
no figures for dying of boredom from watching reality TV starring Paris Hilton
There is one reality film starring Paris Hilton which I found quite... er... stimulating :D
 
#12
Chickenpunk:

getting orf watching a matchstick figure in lace teddy turns your crank, does it?.. Was she better than Pam Anderson, in all her pneumatic glory, in her first ' reality' show?
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#13
Rocketeer said:
Chickenpunk:

getting orf watching a matchstick figure in lace teddy turns your crank, does it?.. Was she better than Pam Anderson, in all her pneumatic glory, in her first ' reality' show?
Let's put it this way, I wouldn't climb over her to get to you.
 
#14
chickenpunk said:
Rocketeer said:
Chickenpunk:

getting orf watching a matchstick figure in lace teddy turns your crank, does it?.. Was she better than Pam Anderson, in all her pneumatic glory, in her first ' reality' show?
Let's put it this way, I wouldn't climb over her to get to you.
You're just not entering into the spirit of National Gay, Lesbian, Transwotsit Month, are you? :D
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#15
Firehorse said:
chickenpunk said:
Rocketeer said:
Chickenpunk:

getting orf watching a matchstick figure in lace teddy turns your crank, does it?.. Was she better than Pam Anderson, in all her pneumatic glory, in her first ' reality' show?
Let's put it this way, I wouldn't climb over her to get to you.
You're just not entering into the spirit of National Gay, Lesbian, Transwotsit Month, are you? :D
Wrong: I'm very happy to watch films featuring lesbians. :D
 
#16
I call shenanigans on the stats:

There are currently 295 million people living in the US, so if the chances of legal execution are 1 in 58,618, then the US would have had to execute 5,032 people last year, and there must have been 2,483,016 suicides...

Err, no. But no. Unless the stats are "of deaths, 1 in 121 was a suicide", but you didn't say that....
 
#17
statistics came from the Washington Post - take the veracity up with them..

2 million offing themselves sounds about right to me.. hell got to be a huge chunk who took themselves out of the running when they found out Bush got back in [ mass cull on the left ]...


as for the number legally dispatched by the govmint.. again, Dubya's home state of Texas took out a goodly number over the last little bit [ I think they have the highest ' kill' rate of all the states - not 5000 though they're no doubt wortking on it ].
 
#18
manchestercop said:
OldSnowy said:
I wonder if the UK is catching up with the US on gun-related deaths?
Not even close
how about posting some actual figures for deaths by GS.
maybe deaths by stabbing as well
 
#20
chickenpunk said:
Rocketeer said:
no figures for dying of boredom from watching reality TV starring Paris Hilton
There is one reality film starring Paris Hilton which I found quite... er... stimulating :D
I am sorry to say gentlemen but she is what we aussies call a dead root. A mate has given me the video and it is boring but most of his porn is :lol:

.... how can anyone find a dead root stimulating?
 

Latest Threads

Top