Oddballs, gunsmith specials and one offs, real or desired.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by EX_STAB, Jun 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought a thread on those oddities that we wistfully dream up or sometimes even put together might be of interest. Sparked off by this Martini action .17 Remington seen for sale on Guntrader.

guntrader.co.uk - moore .17 Rem Martini Second Hand Action

It's a conversion that's often talked about but not actually built all that much.

What other oddities are out there in the metal or in fevered imaginations?

I fancy a semi-sporterised No.4 Enfield in a Wildcat .333 British cartridge. No idea what it would get used for mind! Boar perhaps? :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

Frankenrifle:

Take 1 Australian International Arms M10A1 7.62x39mm.
    Remove the wood.
    Remove the barrel.
    Find an off-the-shelf US 7.62x39 chamber reamer with a .308 Win match profile. Cut chamber in a custom 18" .308" tube (nominal .309 unfortunately but it made no difference). Thread with SLR muzzle thread. Put barrel on.
    Bodge a Ramline (IIRC) No.4 butt to fit.
    Take an AR15 carbon fibre freefloat tube. Remove nut. Make new, offset nut. Apply to barrel with clever grubscrew system.
    Modify original AIA frontsight/flash suppressor to remove flash suppressor.
    Put on cheap hunting scope.
    Shoot 1/2MOA consistently with 135gn Matchkings ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. You know it makes sense!

[​IMG]

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wonder how much he will get for it, I doubt if it comes close to the cost!

5. OK, while I've never been interested in Long Barrelled Revolvers, I think what would make sense for the British market (as well as for a "pistol" of that size and 5 pound weight) , would be the Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum built especially for the UK market with a shoulder stock and marketed as the "British Model" - a name that might highlight the absurdity of the current laws too...A big, futuristic muzzle brake would be both a practical and aesthetic finishing touch.

Will have to play around with photoshop or somesuch to see what it would look like...

Maybe a stainless lever-action in the same calibre is another idea?

6. I'd like one of those and an ankle holster please.

Pimp My Gun (beta) is easier. [Edited to add - although just having re-checked it I can't see pistols on there anymore].

7. I lied - click on 'play old version' and you can do things like this:

[​IMG]

8. Make the stock fixed instead of folding and that would be GB legal :)
    Nothing's new is it?
    [​IMG]

9. At the risk of breaching persec....what the f*uck is wrong with that you plebs?

• Like Like x 1
  10. whipper.jpg

here is another one from my cabinet.. but clearly a pearl before swine

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Where the **** do you plug it in? Its an entertainment system yes?

13. Anybody know anything about this strange looking pair? Says 454 Magnum and 30mm grenade launcher...@.@

454 Magnum 30mm grenade.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. My first guess would be film props.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I wasnt on that UOR approval panel, otherwise we would have better grips fitted!