Odd sports dismissals

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CC_TA, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was going to post this in the sports forum but I thought I'd get better replies in here.

Watching my rugby team play today, a 3rd/veterans team vs a 4th team, not a bad game, played in good spirits with a good dose of violence thrown in for good measure. It wasn't a particularly violent game, but after a scrum broke up two props squared up with each other, words were said and our tight-head kissed :kiss: his opposite number and was yellow carded. :D

Anyone else know of any ridiculous dismissals?

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I was once straight red carded and ordered away from the field of play for tripping an RAF Policeman..........

I was the linesman and the cunt kept skinning our left back :p

3. Syrup - You only tripped him? Could you not close-line him with your flag? Good drills! :)

4. Wasn't a rather large fellow goes by the name of D**dy was it.

Did he retain the 'trophy' for his efforts............

Hopefully it wasn't the Scottish origined one...........

These are some of the answers we need............

PS, where's my f***ing calendar dwarf :D

5. How did you guess! Twoz a Doddy! DOTM retained.

Calendar; Did you want it laminated? :) I brought it with me but you didn't bother turning up - feckin Ruperts! :)

6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Not quite a dismissal, but this piece of comedy genius from Gazza earned him a yellow card. No sense of humour, those old-school referees. Unlike this Robbie Savage incident, which is classic karma followed by a comedy Shearer/Ref moment.

7. A cousin of mine trained to be a sunday league ref his first game as 4th offical a player misses a sliding tackle slides off the pitch clattering the 4th offical. So my cousin picks up the offending player then lamps him earning a 25 game ban

8. phil245

phil245 LE Book Reviewer

we had one of our player red carded before he got on the rugby pitch for checking the refs socks, the ref asked him what he was doing and our player said as a joke " I am just checking what colour socks you are wearing so I know where you are when we are in the ruck" The ref took this to mean that our player was intending to resort to foul play and red carded him there and then. This card was later dismissed on appeal.