Octuplet mum already has 6 kids.

This has gotten a lot of press in the US but I see it has made the BBC also.

BBC Linky

A California woman in her twenties who already has six kids 8 and younger had octuplets. Her husband is a contract worker on his way back to Iraq and she is staying with her parents.

The thing that really gets me isn't in the BBC article but has been in stories here in the states. She plans to breastfeed them!!!

FFS, a springer spaniel is equipped for 8 and still has a hard time with 8 pups. How can she feed 8 when equipped for 2?? She will be nursing for about 20 hours a day. Daft!

Truly bizarre..

"LOS ANGELES – The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

Angela Suleman told The Associated Press she was not supportive when her daughter, Nadya Suleman, decided to have more embryos implanted last year.

"It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married.""

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

She should have gave adoption a thought, if she adores children so much.

wet_blobby said:
I saw this story out here in NZ, She is a brit is she not? Certainly sounded like one.
With a name like this: Nadya Suleman , she must be a Brit! :D

Gets better - having the kids was just a way of her becoming a rich celebrity!

Don't worry about her breastfeeding DavidBOC - the mother will be sucking of the US Taxpayers teat for decades!

Octuplets’ mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

THE single mother of octuplets born in California last week is seeking $2m (£1.37m) from media interviews and commercial sponsorship to help pay the cost of raising the children. Nadya Suleman, 33, plans a career as a television childcare expert ....US public reaction has been mixed: many have asked how an unemployed single mother can raise 14 children, as her first six have already strained the family budget. Angela and Ed Suleman, Nadya’s parents,bought her a two-bedroom bungalow in the suburb of Whittier in March 2007, but soon after got into debt and had to leave their own home.

They filed for bankruptcy and moved in with their daughter and grandchildren. Last week her father said he would return to his native Iraq to work as a translator and driver.

Angela Suleman, who is caring for the first six children — one of whom is autistic — while her daughter is in hospital, said yesterday that she had consulted a psychologist over Nadya’s “obsession with children”.

Nadya Suleman, who describes herself as a “professional student” living off education grants and parental money, broke up with her boyfriend before the birth of her first child seven years ago.
in full

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5627531.ece

and check out the comments!

I think she could better be described as a 'professional mooch'. Why doesn't she do what is best for these infants and give them up for adoption?

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Ref previous comments: Why would she be a Brit? What relevance has that got? I'm more interested in 'Suleman' being her surname, which could go some way to expaining the rapid reproducing of children. But there appears to be more to it than that;

LOS ANGELES (Jan. 31) - The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

Angela Suleman told The Associated Press she was not supportive when her daughter, Nadya Suleman, decided to have more embryos implanted last year."It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married."
Nadya Suleman wanted to have children since she was a teenager, "but luckily she couldn't," her mother said.
"Instead of becoming a kindergarten teacher or something, she started having them, but not the normal way," he mother said.
Her daughter's obsession with children caused Angela Suleman considerable stress, so she sought help from a psychologist, who told her to order her daughter out of the house.
She is clearly a lunatic.

http://news.aol.com/article/grandmother-is-upset-over-octuplets/319875

DavidBOC said:
BBC Linky

...... Her husband is a contract worker on his way back to Iraq and she is staying with her parents. .......
That article does say that. :?
But all the other articles state that she is not married and it is her father that works in Iraq.

To give an update a US restaurant chain, Denny's, which specializes in breakfast fry ups all day has created a "Suleman Breakfast" in honour of the young woman.

You get eight eggs, no sausage and the people sitting next to you have to pay for it.

It all reminds me of the nursery rhyme.

'There was an old woman that lived in a shoe,
who had so many children she didn't know what to do'

It all turned out right in her case but one wonders what effect this will have on the kids themselves. No Dad, no money and a mother who may not quite be all there. Thank God for the American taxpayer.

And in my opinion the people performing the fertilisation should be in for a good seeing to.