October book competitions - DESERT FIRE

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Many of you will have read the review by TheIronDuke on DESERT FIRE, well the book is not bad either! Here is a chance to win a copy of 'Big' Phil's début novel. Entry form is on Survey Monkey and as ever just answer the extremely simple questions correctly and you will have a chance to win.
    The review can be found here: Desert Fire

The competition will run until Sunday 28th October (or maybe a bit later as I am away from home that weekend). Winners will be announced shortly after this date so if you enter the competition please look out for the email if you are lucky - recently each competition has left one book unclaimed for long periods, in some instances meaning that the prize is reallocated, which is a complete PITA for me and the publishers who donate the prizes.

More competitions will be run throughout the month of October; next book competition will be for COMMANDO by James Owen (review to come)

Commando - Owen.jpg
  2. HHH

HHH LE

3. And me ........
  4. Done isn't question 3 subjective rather than factual?
  5. Entered

I'm looking forward to the Dukes Autobiography
  6. Auld-Yin

Firstly, I have amended the closing date for the competition - I got the weekends mixed up and am claiming a 'Senior Moment' for this. The closing date for the competition, as stated on the entry form, is 28th October. With still a week to run this should not prove an issue!

Secondly, in response to fairy_nuff - yep, but fun all the same :) Anyhoo, it could be argued that each of those statements are indeed fact and it is up to the person entering to try and read my mind to see which of the FOUR statements is applicable! :meditate: :twisted:

Watch out for the next competition starting on Monday for COMMANDO by James Owen.
  7. Entered. The review alone made me chuckle.
  8. Auld-Yin

Bump. Finishes tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
  9. If the books anywhere near as entertaining as the review I'll happily pay for the ******* thing!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Auld-Yin

A tad late but here goes. The winners, in no particular order are:

• Dubh
    • denzh
    • ACAB
    • Cutaway
    • Squeekingsapper
    I will email them for their details.

The answers I was looking for are:

Q1 What piece of kitchen furniture did Big Phil chuck around a boat - A= Fridge
    Q2 What is a Minimi - A= A mini Mitralleuse
    Q3 - All the answers were acceptable :batman: