Octagenerian (Nearly) Para

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Bad CO, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've had an email from a chap called David Owen who is doing a sponsored parachute jump for H4H. Pretty impressively he has already raised over £16,000 but is obviously trying to improve that as much as possible.

If you want to find out more and/or contribute to the total then please visit his web page Here.

2. Bad CO

We've just received another email from David to let us know that the jump went so well that he has now challenged Henry Cooper to 3 rounds in the ring! He's on target for for the £20k he is hoping to raise with £17,500 already in the pot.

Anyone fancy helping him then his page is Here.

3. Red Devil's Help for Heroes Skydiver, a total Dude!!

David Owen, what a great guy.

My company arranged his skydive with the Red Devil's, he was'nt the least bit nervous. He was totally up for it!!
    David is an inspiration to us all.

It just goes to show what a highly motivated fundraiser can achieve & demonstrates the power of online fundraising.
    David has now reached £19,790.70 all for Help for Heroes. David's efforts make him the highest individual fundraiser with the Red Devil's for 2008. An awesome effort, from a great guy!!

If you would like to jump with the Red Devil's please find more information below:

Fundraising Tandem Skydives are available with the Red Devil's for the 2009 season.

The team are set to be working with over 30 Military charities funds & associations in 2009, with over 100 Civilian Charities also along for the ride.

Total cost is £290 per skydive. (Of which a £90 reservation fee is payable at time of booking)
    Minimum average sponsorship amount set by the charities is £500.
    If this entire amount is eligible for Gift Aid at 28% the charity could receive as much as £350 for all of your efforts. The highest ratio of return available from any other suppliers.

Dates & locations are posted below:

Strathallan (Scotland) 7th May 8th May 11th May
    Strathallan (Scotland) 12th May 13th May
    Netheravon (Wiltshire) 26th May 27th May 28th May
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 9th June 10th June 11th June
    Dunkeswell Airfield (Devon) 23rd June 24th June 25th June
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 7th July 8th July 9th July
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 1st Sept 2nd Sept 3rd Sept
    Netheravon (Wiltshire) 22nd Sept 23rd Sept 24th Sept
    Langar Airfield (Nottingham) 6th Oct 7th Oct 8th Oct

For how to book & further information please visit the teams website:

www.reddevilsonline.co...ndem_jumps

Or alternatively visit the Red Devil's exclusive events partner's Click and Jump, who offer a one-stop shop for all of the UK's Dropzones, Group bookings & can assist with all your enquiries.

Visit: www.clickandjump.co.uk or email: info@clickandjump.co.uk

Call 0800 345 7468

By using a online fundraising page with www.bmycharity.com you could increase the ratio of return for your chosen charity by over 80% compared to other suppliers. More information available on the Click and Jump website or directly through Bmycharity.

If you’re going to do it, you might as well do it with the best in the business.
    It's as easy as falling out of a plane!!

4. Bad CO

It would appear that David is still going strong. His latest jaunt was to 'hobble a half' (marathon) which he managed without too many dramas. Frankly if I can manage half a pint aged 80 then I'll be chuffed.

His fundraising tally for Help for Heroes is now over £50,000 which is also pretty impressive. If you want to learn more then why not look at his Bmycharity page.

In his own words:

5. This_Tribe_Ben

This_Tribe_Ben Sponsor

I joined David for a pint at the end of his Half Marathon on St George's Day this year. He sauntered into the pub just off the Mall in London looking like he'd just been for a stroll around St James's Park. 60 years after leaving the Parachute Regiment and still pushing out the miles!

It's that motivation that's helped David raise nearly £50,000 for Help for Heroes at www.bmycharity.com/davidsparajump. He needs just £133.25 to reach that target - any takers?

I first met David back in 2008 when I was running www.bmycharity.com. He had already raised over £15,000 for Help for Heroes and I went to see him jumping with the Red Devils. Since then he's never stopped fundraising and campaigning, and judging by the number of supporters at the end of the Half Marathon he's inspired many more people to support service charities too.

6. What a good old boy. Well done, Sir.

7. This_Tribe_Ben

This_Tribe_Ben Sponsor