OCS Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dance_with_the_devil, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me or am i suffering from OCS / OCD

Example 1..I go out shopping and on my return, i stack the shelves with the products bought, only to find i sub-consiously put all the tinned products equal distant apart with all the labels showing....

Example 2.. Laying the table, I always have to have the cutlery the correct distance apart, and place mats equal distance apart Etc.

My partner thinks i'm a bit weird, however it may be the Army has drummed into me over the years to square your Sh1t away, and get things sorted Etc.

Or is it just that i'm a fussy old bugger who gets his sh1t squared.

Am i the only Arrser out there with this mild but sometimes annoying
    stigma.... :frustrated:

2. Yes, you're nuts. But you're not the only one. My dear sister, a Captain in Her Majesty's Army, will not sit still unless everything is clean and in its place. She even eyes me warily when I make her settee appear messy by sitting on it. I suggest therefore you suffer from a mild case of the affliction.

3. DWTD - I'm afraid to say that you're not alone in this. Many, many people have this condition (some would say that it's a benefit to be "afflicted" in this way!).

4. Fess up, you wanna be a drill pig in the next life! :numberone:

5. Is OCS the new OCD? Is it less offensive to have a syndrome rather than a disorder?

Although sounds like perfectly reasonable behaviour to me. I've currently got a thing about sanitizing my hands I picked up in the 'Stan.

(That's to say - I picked up the behaviour rather than the hands whilst in the Stan.)

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nope,I do that as well!
    My books in the book case are arranged :blush: with the largest on the right sloping to the shortest.CD's in order by artist.Underwear & socks folded & neatly in the drawers,shirts folded the military way.
    miss spike thinks I'm weird too.

7. I arrange my socks and pants just like the US capital.

Washington DC.

Dirty, clean.

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ditto...I thought it was OCD too.....

9. Hurrah,
    It's not just me then, Thanks to all the replies... :thumright:
    Yep, i do the book and DVD by name thing too!

10. Fluoxetine is your friend

11. DVD's and CD's alphabolical but my books are arranged according to whether they are fiction or non-fiction.

It's NOT compulsive, it's common sense. I've spent many a long week looking for something the missus put somewhere safe and yes according to her, it MUST BE SOMEWHERE.

12. LOL..Cheeky bugger,
    My drug of choice is a good strong Continental Beverage..

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Mines a nice single malt...

14. My bold. This is the wrong way to arrange books, it should be tallest on the left [/b]and right working to the smallest in the middle, just like a squad of, well, squaddies.....

15. Heres one for you Spike,
    Single Malt.....yours for £95

Attached Files: