Oceans covered in oil in a year

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PlasticCabDriver, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I have nothing better to do, I occasionally have a read of the letters page on Ceefax, mainly because they are very funny as the contributors get their pet hates off their chest, moan on about "fat cat bosses", or get utterly the wrong end of the stick. Like this one today (from "CN, Kent") who proudly writes:

It would be catastrophic for life on earth. It is also however, a load of utter, utter b*llocks. It took me 2 minutes with a calculator and Wikipedia to work out that at 5000 barrels a day it would take 11 MILLION years to cover the ocean to a depth of 10mm.

Do people never check anything, or do they simply believe whatever they are told and trot it out as gospel regardless?
  2. you have far far far too much time on your hands
  3. Don't believe you :)
  4. Wow, I thought my work to ARRSE ratio was a bit slack, but I've never been bored enough to go on teletext! Good work though.
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

People who read Ceefax are 37% more likely to commit suicide by self immolation than lesbians.

It was in the Daily Mail.
  6. I'd choose suicide by lesbian over immolation.
  7. TheIronDuke

Lesbians is always a fair bet, and we've all got to go some time.

So, since the conversation has moved on from Ceefax to lesbians and oil, I would like to....

Nah, hang about...
  8. Nice idea Dukey just how many lesbians covered in 10mm of baby oil would it take to cover the seas of the world?
  9. probably came from the same people that told us that bird flu would kill 10 million people and the flights around britain would be grounded for 2 years because of the volcanic ash. :slow:
  10. TheIronDuke

A good question and for once in my life, I have to say I havent got a Scoobie.

Maybe if we posted pics of lesbians covered in 10mm of baby oil, or 20mm of baby oil, some clever science person could reach a conclusion?

I'll go and do some research.
  11. 827,365,432. Give or take 17.
  12. Cum to a conclusion, more likely.
  13. TheIronDuke

Possibly the worst 'lesbians in oil' reference in the entire history of the world.

Can we all stay on thread?
  14. You have a better reference?
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That might be the case if it was 5,000 barrels per day. However, it's currently running at at least 20,000 barrels per day.

Start again . . . . :twisted: