Occupations of BNP members

#1
Now this is quite interesting. Not so long ago, the BNP mistakenly published their members' list on t'internet. The "Socialist Worker" journalist Simon Basketter trawled through the whole thing and compiled a list according to occupation. This is it:

Armed Forces 19%
Company and shop owners 13%
Unspecified workers 12%
Construction 10%
Professionals 9%
Managers 7%
HGV, taxi drivers and instructors 7%
Artists 7%
Teachers 4%
Police and prison workers 4%
Security 4%
Health workers (not doctors) 2%

I was rather surprised at the high percentage of Armed Forces and the low percentage of security bods. I'd have thought they'd have been more or less juxtaposed.

MsG
 
#2
Not really as a very high percentage of the security guards here are ethnic
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
How come there's no doleys?

If the BNP didn't have a membership fee, which in turn required an envelope, a stamp, and a visit to the post office not associated with collecting one's gyro, that ratio would change to about 95% doley, 5% all other trades.

Oops - I forgot - that WAS the ratio, but the 'Socialist Worker' chose to ignore the disenfrachised and oppressed masses.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#4
That's not the entire list according to occupation. It's just the percentage breakdown of those who supplied details of their occupation. So 19% of those who gave their occupation details are in the armed forces rather than 19% of the entire BNP membership.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
Is 'Socialist Worker' much to do with the Labour Party? I'm only asking because they seem to have the same number-skills.
 
#6
Sixty said:
That's not the entire list according to occupation. It's just the percentage breakdown of those who supplied details of their occupation. So 19% of those who gave their occupation details are in the armed forces rather than 19% of the entire BNP membership.
Good point. And remember, an unknown quantity will be lying racist nutjob walts too!
 
#8
walt_of_the_walts said:
Sixty said:
That's not the entire list according to occupation. It's just the percentage breakdown of those who supplied details of their occupation. So 19% of those who gave their occupation details are in the armed forces rather than 19% of the entire BNP membership.
Good point. And remember, an unknown quantity will be lying racist nutjob walts too!
Yes, I agree. A very good point indeed. I never thought of it myself, but it's logical.

MsG
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
I would have thought artists would be quite touchy feely and inherently wet lefty. the company and shop owners however, is that a reflection of just purely personal bias or as their experience as employers and service providers?
 
#10
Well.... Michael Stone's an artist... So...
 
#11
May explain the SWP's and UAF's attempted smear using that poster of The Ghurka lad, like their paymasters in the Labour Party the useless cnuts couldn't even get that right.

I mean what kind of self respecting squaddie would even consider joining an organisation with the politics of the BNP?

Fecking Lefties!!!
 
#12
Fine for BNP List publisher...

A former member of the British National Party has been fined £200 after admitting publishing the details of some 10,000 party members online.

Matthew Single, 37, formerly of Church Lane, Brinsley, Notts, was fined by Nottingham magistrates after admitting disclosing data without consent.

The names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of some party supporters were leaked in November.

Judge John Stobart said the fine was "low" because Single was on benefits.

District Judge Stobart also ordered Single to pay £100 towards the cost of the prosecution.

Revenge attacks

The judge told Single: "Anything that is posted on the internet has the effect of opening a Pandora's box.

"What you put on the internet can never be taken from it and while there may be some members in this organisation who do not deserve to be protected by the law, they should be able to expect that officers within the organisation will not abuse the information provided to them.

"The law exists to save people from such revenge attacks."

...
Outside court, Det Sgt Chris Reynolds said he was disappointed with the result.

Mr Reynolds said: "There was pretty serious stuff after what happened. People were fearful for their safety.

"There was an arson attack on a vehicle, there were daubings and malicious communications. White powder was also put through people's letterboxes purporting to be anthrax and there were daubings of swastikas on garage doors and on homes."

It was disclosed in court that more than 160 complaints were made nationally to police following attacks on BNP members and their property.

Pair expelled

The police investigation was launched after BNP party leader Nick Griffin lodged a complaint with Dyfed-Powys police, his local force, on the grounds that publishing the list breached human rights and data protection laws.

BNP spokesman John Walker said some of the party's members were now considering civil cases against Single and his wife.

He said they had both been expelled from the party in late 2007 after sending out a mailshot to members containing their details.

The BNP leadership then obtained a court order banning them both from publishing the list, Mr Walker said.

Mr Walker added: "It's an absolute disgrace. As far as I'm concerned, it should have been a custodial sentence although I do know that there haven't been very many cases brought yet.

"There have been some real victims in this case. People had their homes attacked and some people have lost their jobs."
BBC Source: webpage
 
#13
The_Coming_Man said:
May explain the SWP's and UAF's attempted smear using that poster of The Ghurka lad, like their paymasters in the Labour Party the useless cnuts couldn't even get that right.

I mean what kind of self respecting squaddie would even consider joining an organisation with the politics of the BNP?

Fecking Lefties!!!

That may have been tongue in cheek, but if you read the policies they espouse ( had to help a mates daughter in her politics exam) they are a very socialist party
 
#14
maguire said:
I would have thought artists would be quite touchy feely and inherently wet lefty.
Hitler tried to get into architectural school, failed because he didn't have good enough marks in maths, and then scraped by selling watercolours in Vienna before joining up for WWI.
 
#15
The worrying thing about this is not what profession members are, but having their rights to political freedom being curtailed when they joined a legally recognised political party.

Policemen were sacked for membership because it was not compatible with their job, incidentally are the police like the military banned from joining a political party? Teachers were threatened as was some health professionals.

You either make it a complete blanket ban for a given professions for any party or it is complete freedom otherwise you could end up gifting a propaganda coup to the BNP.
 

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
#16
Conrad_Cock said:
The_Coming_Man said:
May explain the SWP's and UAF's attempted smear using that poster of The Ghurka lad, like their paymasters in the Labour Party the useless cnuts couldn't even get that right.

I mean what kind of self respecting squaddie would even consider joining an organisation with the politics of the BNP?

Fecking Lefties!!!

That may have been tongue in cheek, but if you read the policies they espouse ( had to help a mates daughter in her politics exam) they are a very socialist party
Yeah right; is that what they call it nowadays?

We used to call it "biology homework", but I guess with all this "wumman's rites" balls it probably has come down to politics instead...
 
#17
Sort of staying within topic......But I was under the impression that members of HMForces were not allowed to be members of political parties?
 
#18
norbat said:
Sort of staying within topic......But I was under the impression that members of HMForces were not allowed to be members of political parties?
Don't think that's true at all - there are restrictions on what work you can do as an activist and on being a candidate for election but I am not aware that there are any restrictions on merely being a member of political parties in general (or even the BNP in specific.)
 
#19
socalist worker the SWP are nothing to do with labour.
being socalist and having some beliefs being the most obvious :evil:
They are an odd political party never standing in an election attempting to hijack just about any cause with ready made placards and some trot prepared with a megaphone.
to be honest the diffrence between the BNP and the SWP is pretty slim one would lock up brown people. Other one would lock up enemies of the working class i.e anyone who there leadership don't like :
 
#20
Biped said:
Is 'Socialist Worker' much to do with the Labour Party? I'm only asking because they seem to have the same number-skills.

'Socialist worker' is an oxymoron. It's generally read by the great unwashed like Sven/Whet/Ashie.


http://www.socialistworker.co.uk/
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads