Occupation - BBC Drama About Soldiers and Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whet, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The advert for it makes the drama sound crap.

2. I think the title rather gives away a biased opinion of the maker.

3. Ah I saw Jimmy Nessbit was in it and assumed it was another one of his Northern Ireland political Dramas

4. Its a BBC program need I say more!

5. Let's just say (again) the BBC is no friend of the armed forces.

6. It'll be one cliche after another, with one "salt of the earth"-type played by Nesbitt, a psychotic, a couple of "tally ho" officers, a coward, a suicidal, all the usual bo11ocks.

7. "one for money, one for love" haha. I might watch this, that lines done it for me haha.

8. I don't normally watch Army or medical dramas but I saw a preview on the Beeb and got the impression that Jimmy Nesbitt plays a possible PTSD sufferer, may have got hold of the whole wrong end of the stick but will give it a chance and at least watch the first episode.

9. maybe there is a twist and one goes back for man-love

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

How about watching it first before condemning it? Or is that too much of a concept to be taken on :(

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its worrying that stuff like this exposes a lot of buried ghosts!

12. You said that like you were sober.

13. Innacurate and anti Army, why oh why does the BCC continue to produce such garbage. they could do far better with real documentary programs like SKY made on Afghanistan.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is that a feeling you are unfamiliar with? Do you want the address of your local APU?

You really have been trying very hard over the past few days to show what a tw@t you are. Just take a step back from the keyboard, have a few deep breaths and start posting again as a normal person.

Regards

A-Y

15. The psycho one probably gets genetically engineered as an unstoppable killing machine who guns down civilians by the thousands and eats Iraqi childrens hearts in order to gain immortality, and Sadam's ghost is featured as the PTSD-sufferers crime fighting sidekick.