Obtaining qualifications to run a range as a civvy

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by bdc4966, Nov 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. A position has arisen on the local ranges for a deputy range officer.
    In my eagerness to put my 10 years spent serving Queen and Country to good use (albeit some 30 years ago) I thought I would apply for the post.
    Now reading into it, I need TTLFTT, LFTT and SA (A) 90 range qualifications. Can anyone please advise how and where and how much it would cost to obtain said qualifications.
    Many thanks

    former scaley
  2. You may find a few of the wallahs in the shooting forum who can advise - the BASC website may also have a few pointers.
  3. You need to do the NRA RCO course then (I think) the instructor course. As above, ask the NRA - be patient, there's only so much confusion they can generate.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sound like they are being specific with their experience and want ex military with military quals. Does civ div do the equivalent of the Field Firing Qual?
  5. Hope your looking for the long term. I noticed this yesterday which got me thinking about my out-of-date SA (B) 90, which wouldn't get me very far anyway.

    Interesting to see, if you're thinking of the position in Hythe, which is near where you're from, the applications have closed.

    Deputy Range Officer Jobs, vacancies | Indeed.co.uk
  6. To the best of my knowledge a civvie can't get on the courses to obtain these quals and no civvie qual is going cut the mustard.
  7. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    As far as I am aware they were for range wardens who dont actually run the practices but put as many obstacles in the way of you doing so hence an ideal post for a retired SASC SNCO!
    • Like Like x 1