Obstructive and unhelpful... but not dishonest.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by smartascarrots, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC LINK.

Climate change scientists exonerated of falsifying their results. Doubtless, since the evidence implies that much of our modern lifestyle is ultimately harmful, there will be calls for yet more enquiries until the 'right' result is achieved.
  2. I don't know if pollution makes the planet warmer or colder, but it doesn't do our health any good. I thought I read somewhere this year that India was experimenting with a street-level air filter, but I can't find the story now.
  3. Our current way of living is inherently wasteful and polluting. Even if climate change were proven indisputable wrong, it'd still make sense from economic, health, moral, spiritual and common-sense perspectives to change it.

But people are far too comfortable as things are and will find any reason or none to deny that there's any need to inconvenience themselves.
  4. Not dishonest?

5. No, not dishonest. Unhelpful and uncooperative. The data they based their conclusions on was freely available and their results independently reproducable.

In addition,

However, it doesn't seem to prevent the incompetent from thinking themselves qualified to cast judgement.