Obstructive and unhelpful... but not dishonest.

BBC LINK.

Climate change scientists exonerated of falsifying their results. Doubtless, since the evidence implies that much of our modern lifestyle is ultimately harmful, there will be calls for yet more enquiries until the 'right' result is achieved.

I don't know if pollution makes the planet warmer or colder, but it doesn't do our health any good. I thought I read somewhere this year that India was experimenting with a street-level air filter, but I can't find the story now.

I don't know if pollution makes the planet warmer or colder, but it doesn't do our health any good. I thought I read somewhere this year that India was experimenting with a street-level air filter, but I can't find the story now.
Our current way of living is inherently wasteful and polluting. Even if climate change were proven indisputable wrong, it'd still make sense from economic, health, moral, spiritual and common-sense perspectives to change it.

But people are far too comfortable as things are and will find any reason or none to deny that there's any need to inconvenience themselves.

Not dishonest?

On the allegation that CRU does not appear to have acted in a way consistent with the spirit and intent of the FoIA or EIR, we find that there was unhelpfulness in responding to requests and evidence that e-mails might have been deleted in order to make them unavailable should a subsequent request be made for them.

No, not dishonest. Unhelpful and uncooperative. The data they based their conclusions on was freely available and their results independently reproducable.

any independent researcher can download station data directly from primary sources and undertake their own temperature trend analysis... Writing computer code to process the data "took less than two days and produced results similar to other independent analyses. No information from CRU was needed to do this"
In addition,

Professor Peter Clarke from Edinburgh University, said: "It's very clear that anyone who'd be competent enough to analyse the data would know where to find it.

"It's also clear that anyone competent could perform their own analysis without let or hindrance."
However, it doesn't seem to prevent the incompetent from thinking themselves qualified to cast judgement.