Obstacle course

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by bcgirl, Jul 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my main board in 2 weeks and cannot do pull ups or pull my own body weight. I think I will be ok on about 3 of the 7 obstacles - does anyone know of anyone who has not completed the course but has passed? I can do the sit ups, MSFT and press ups ok,
    Any help would be appreciated.....its getting scary now!
  2. Did you read the other 5 or so topics on exactly the same thing?
  3. I have read some similar topics but, I couldnt find any that answered the question I asked. If I had 8 weeks, Im sure I would get to the stage of being able to do pull ups, but I think 2 weeks is pushing it so it would be good to hear from someone who knows whether you have to ace all obstacles to get in,
  4. Don't worry. You will get issued a man to do pull ups for you.
  5. I'm sure the adrenalin will pull you through. As long as you are determined and get around once you should be ok....
  6. Okay, all the usual caveats apply: I'm not AOSB staff, I don't know precisely how they score candidates and things may have changed since I did my board. But I think I'm basically right in what I say here.

A poor performance on the obstacle course doesn't mean instant fail; and a little determination can go a long way towards impressing the staff - it's a test of attitude as much as fitness. Also, you'll be surprised at what you can do with a little adrenaline coursing through your veins. I can tell you that I certainly didn't "ace" the obstacles, but I didn't fail any either. I don't want to speculate on what not completing an obstacle might do to your chances.

On the other hand, I've noticed that you might be a girl (nothing gets past me, does it?) in which case you do a different course, so that should work in your favour. All in all, I would show up and give it your best shot on the day. Don't get psyched out, and don't get hung up if you didn't do so well because you have plenty of other chances to show the DS how good you are.