Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in the Army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, Jan 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just decided, from a thread in the RAMC forum, to expand it into here. the discussion is centred around the possibility of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder preventing someone joining the Army.

now, the comedy possibilities are potentially endless:

there must be so many possibilities out there for how OCD would "enhance" their military training.

ho hum :)

2. But I thought you had to have OCD to join the Army...I'll get my coat thirteen times...

3. At least there weapon would be clean, would be clean. (turn round , touch the floor twice and poke myself in the eye)

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Being unable to log on to DII without going to Arrse first.

5. Now I know where double tapping with the 9mm pistol started.

6. There's a mark on that toecap, i'll do it again.
    Now this one's brighter than the other boot, I'll polish the other one some more.
    Now this one's brighter than the other boot, I'll polish the other one some more.
    Now this one's brighter .....

7. Lots of chaps in my regiment had OCD. Whenever I went for a wander round camp, some of them used to raise their right arm, bent at the elbow, with the palm of the hand facing me and the tips of the fingers in contact with the forehead. Then they would put their arms down until I had done the same. Weird or what.

8. Look, aim, pull the trigger, look, aim, pull the trigger, Look, aim, pull the trigger, look, aim, pull the trigger, Look, aim, pull the trigger, look, aim, pull the trigger . . . . . . oooh bugger, how in hell did I forget to reload?

9. Hi all this is my first post on arrse i suffer with OCD and as a regular i have found that it dosent affect any activities where there is any danger or risk where my full attention is given but on a parade or such iv learnt to make it subtle.
    Thinking of myself doing things things afterwards is stupid but oh so funny in the big picture
    :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Simple, sit the OCD bloke down with loads of scotchbrite, flannelette, oil etc and the units weapons.

Everyone else legs it to the pub, and come back to an armoury full of gleaming weapons. Besides, how good would the sinks and mirrors be???

11. Got a trench needs digging . . . sandbags to fill . . . boots to shine . . . the possibilities are endless.

Every platoon needs and OCD'er AND a MLAAAR!

12. But due to ever increasing cutbacks you will now have to make do with a combined OCD/MLAAAR.

What should this lucky individual be called?

13. EX_STAB

Bugger! I thought that was normal.

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer