OBITUARY

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by OldRedCap, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad end to what looks like a good career.

2. It was on the news last night. The poor chap lost around 1 million pounds (his life savings) in that hedge fund scam.

3. Very sad ! Unfortunately, I suspect there may be many more.

When i saw it on the News, I wondered if there is any way these "bankers", if it could be proved that the death was as a direct result of an individual, or group of banker's actions, could be charged with the death, but I can't think where it would fall ...... not murder (not premeditated), but maybe manslaughter or a corporate offence of some sort ?

Maybe we will see something develope over the next year or so. I hope so.

4. I met him at Peninsula Bks 73-74ish, seemed a decent bloke with plenty of war stories to entertain the sprogs was 1RGJ I think. Didnt seem the type to top himself.

5. The responsibility or otherwise of the banker does not appear to have surfaced. There is a comment "Certain tragedies (like the Madoff fraud) may trigger an acute depression, which can lead to suicide, but nearly all victims of suicide have a predisposition to illness, often well documented by family and friends. And mental illness is treatable. at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-faneuil/suicide-contagion-will-ma_b_155727.html that reflects what I would say.