OBITUARY

P

PrinceAlbert

It was on the news last night. The poor chap lost around 1 million pounds (his life savings) in that hedge fund scam.

Very sad ! Unfortunately, I suspect there may be many more.

When i saw it on the News, I wondered if there is any way these "bankers", if it could be proved that the death was as a direct result of an individual, or group of banker's actions, could be charged with the death, but I can't think where it would fall ...... not murder (not premeditated), but maybe manslaughter or a corporate offence of some sort ?

Maybe we will see something develope over the next year or so. I hope so.

I met him at Peninsula Bks 73-74ish, seemed a decent bloke with plenty of war stories to entertain the sprogs was 1RGJ I think. Didnt seem the type to top himself.

CATGI said:
Very sad ! Unfortunately, I suspect there may be many more.

When i saw it on the News, I wondered if there is any way these "bankers", if it could be proved that the death was as a direct result of an individual, or group of banker's actions, could be charged with the death, but I can't think where it would fall ...... not murder (not premeditated), but maybe manslaughter or a corporate offence of some sort ?

Maybe we will see something develope over the next year or so. I hope so.
The responsibility or otherwise of the banker does not appear to have surfaced. There is a comment "Certain tragedies (like the Madoff fraud) may trigger an acute depression, which can lead to suicide, but nearly all victims of suicide have a predisposition to illness, often well documented by family and friends. And mental illness is treatable. at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-faneuil/suicide-contagion-will-ma_b_155727.html that reflects what I would say.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrPVRd The NAAFI Bar 2
mushroom Army Reserve 0
mushroom Army Reserve 2