obfustat.ACQV virus and BHO.CVX trojan horse

today my avg antivirus tells me I have the above ,and although it says it put it in the vault a dialoge box appears every time I open a new window . how do I get rid of these, as I have tries CC and spybot to no avail , any ideas ?

WW

thanks jaybee 2786, detecting its not a prob , its getting shot of it , time spent so far with nill result so its looking at a hdd format, be quicker,
lucky I back up once a week. just have to get a 10year old to do the biz !

WW

Will AVG start in "Safe Mode"? I dunno, as my LAN runs NOD32, but if it will (repeatedly hit F8 while booting, ignore beeps) and try removing that way. Safe Mode does not load numerous drivers, giving you a "clean" start.

And don't look at so much Frankie Vaughn.

wheelchairwarrier said:
thanks jaybee 2786, detecting its not a prob , its getting shot of it , time spent so far with nill result so its looking at a hdd format, be quicker,
lucky I back up once a week. just have to get a 10year old to do the biz !

WW
WW the reason i said turn off systems restore is when turned on, all system restore files are locked ie not able to delete. when turned off all system restore files auto deleted

Thanks jaybee2786, and everyone else, all methods so far have failed so its reformat time.
I have had to call in my tech support guru, she 's demanding seeing as its a Sunday call out £5 and a box of malteesers.
She's holding me to ransom, knowing I cant feed the pc software cd's, 10 year olds eh ?

Have you tried the http://www.freedrweb.com download?

I just hope you have tested a restore of your backup if you are going down the re-format route.

msr

wheelchairwarrier said:
Belt & braces, back ups on dvd and external HD.

WW
That doesn't answer the question - have you tried a test restore ;)

msr

yes, tested and scanned before reinstal. Reformated HDD and short of a tenner & no sweets, bad for her ;) Back to fate tempting normal.

WW

And stop being such a cheapskate: http://www.nod32.com

If you want decent antivirus, you have to pay for it ;)

msr

T

Tremaine

AVG Antivirus: I was cut off for hours today before I realised that this programme had updated itself last night. Then, suddenly, no web pages could be displayed. Something called Identity Protection had been added to AVG, after which :I was fcuked. After a complete uninstall, AVG was gone and my Browsers fairly thundered along, improved download speeds of 500k + Likewise I sacked Comodo Firewall, and that proved a good idea too. I now use a completely different package.

A call to BT tech support revealed another little gem: they were remotely viewing my screen. Just wanted to mention that.

Latest Threads