Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obesity to be classed as a disability?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes, this is in the NAAFI for a good reason, it's going to turn into a fatty abusing thread.

Danish Child Minder too fat to tie laces

An overweight Danish childminder, said to be unable to bend down to tie up shoelaces, may make legal history this week by calling for employers across Europe to treat obesity as a disability.

The discrimination case brought by Karsten Kaltoft against his local authority will be heard by the European court of justice in Luxembourg on Thursday and could set a far-reaching precedent across all EU states.

Kaltoft, who weighed more than 158kg (25st) at the time, was sacked by the council, Billund Kommune, because it deemed that he could not perform his duties due to his size, citing the fact that he required help from a colleague to tie up children's shoelaces. The Danish courts referred the issue to the ECJ.

is being pieabetic a disability?

"Obesity itself has been rejected by the UK courts as a disability in its own right. If the European court reaches a contrary conclusion, the Equality Act would need to be applied very differently.

If we do get forced into classing fatties as disabled then can we also make then go on fat camps as part of the treatment for their 'illness'? Done properly this could be fantastic. Seeing lard arrses running about under NHS funding could be good for a laugh. How about a few tubbies taking part in the special olympics as proof they are disabled too?

...If we do get forced into classing fatties as disabled then can we also make then go on fat camps as part of the treatment for their 'illness'? Done properly this could be fantastic. Seeing lard arrses running about under NHS funding could be good for a laugh.

That idea has merit indeed but change 'fat camps' to 'fat farms' (like wind farms). 'The 'running about' could actually be inside giant hamster wheels and the wobbling fat cunts could generate electricity while the NHS 'cures' them.

Put a few pies and cream cakes in view but just out of reach outside the wheel and the national grid would melt

Win Win that is.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Do we get to choose the pies?

I'm not wobbling for anything with mushroom or kidney in it

in that case for being 'good with colours' you shall be forced to run at spear point.

Fatty.

That idea has merit indeed but change 'fat camps' to 'fat farms' (like wind farms). 'The 'running about' could actually be inside giant hamster wheels and the wobbling fat ***** could generate electricity while the NHS 'cures' them.....................

Here's better way of generating electricity with the fatties.... as a bonus it would reduce the benefits bill and the cost to the NHS, they're a never-ending source of fuel( there's always going to be fatties) and we don't have to rely on foreign imports. Definitely a win, win.

tn298w-stoking_the_boiler.jpg

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
D

Deleted 4886

As a straight non disabled, non-obese caucasian single male the stress of not having a disability has now got me in such a state that I am disabled with grief.

Reading the Guardian article, it would seem that the plaintiff is trying to claim disability for what would appear to be a straight forward case of capability. They were sacked for being physically incapable of doing their job.
It would be like having a driving job and becoming alcoholic or drug addicted, I would expect to be sacked on capability, unless the person in question could prove that their obesity was completely outside of their control i.e. a genetic defect then I don't see that they have a case.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
As a straight non disabled, non-obese caucasian single male the stress of not having a disability has now got me in such a state that I am disabled with grief.

I'm going to accuse you of an -ism, just as soon as I can invent a suitable one, and sue you for damages. So there, you nothing-wrong-with-you cah-nt.

Surely it's not obesity that's the disability, but the associated problems that it causes?

I know of a Midiwfe who's so obese when she kneels down to inspect the mother, she has problems getting up due to knee problems. She's now got a special dispensation that she doesn't have to do all night On-call's as it takes her too long for her joints to work properly in the night so she can't rush out to labouring mothers. She automatically comes off On-Call at 11pm, and someone else has to take her place FFS. She's not fit to practice but no one in her NHS has the balls to either get rid or assign her somewhere else she doesn't have to wobble about too much

Disability or ney, I still find them incredibly amusing.

Watching them wobble into Kentucky Fried Chicken does tickle me somewhat.

They're not disbled though, and hopefully the stupid fat Danish bitch will be told to have a can of slim fast and to shut the fuck up.

Pie scoffing cunt.

I love them too. The size 20-something with a massive Gregg's pasty in one hand and a Diet Coke in the other

It's like owning a Prius and thinking you're solving the worlds environmental issues by driving a shite car

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
They've all got skinny partners who know doubt feed them pies and chips. Kill fatty feeders.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

D

Djelli Beybii

but how many Arrsers are looking at this and thinking

"I can get myself a disability car,if I scoff a few more pasties each day"

fat cunts

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
this could be a brilliant thing for the MoD though, we generally don't employ the disabled. I can see it now, a parade* in an RLC unit near you

RSM "the 6 people in the unit who are not classed as morbidly obese are to return to normal work, the rest of you are to wobble off to civi st as disabled"

"To Greggs, Faaaaaalllll ouuttt"

* for the RLC amongst us this is a sort of formal meeting, generally outdoors.

I for one am glad to hear this, perhaps if they suitably expand the definition then in the future we all may qualify.

Or the fat twat should just be told to fuck off eat less crap and exercise more

Get on... too many pies, bridies, cakes, ice cream, fizzy sugary drinks and not moving enough! What will be the next excuse so they can have either time off work, or demand higher benefits. Whats the betting this ruling, if successful soon be reflected in the UK social security benefits system.

<i>"But, I am too fat to work, so you must give me more cash, so I can buy more pies and cheap vodka.... I'ts me Yumin Rites..anyway it was the government what made me fat.... I cannae even wipe me own erse......!"

So employers will have to provide extra large, strengthened office chairs, more disabled toilets with bars and lifting equipment for obese workers. So, don't obese people have a responsibility to loose weight and stop stuffing themselves with deep fried lard-burgers and fried ice-cream and pies?
Oh shite Two.jpg