Obamas "Unexceptional America" Speech to the UN

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Sep 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just listened in toto to the president's speech and to as much as I could stand of Kaddafi's reprise (he repeatedly called Obama his "son" and said he hoped Obama would remain president "forever"), I thought it my duty to warn you in the UK. If you have not already realized that as a nation you need to look out for yourselves and not rely any longer (if you ever did) on any supposed "special relationship" with the US, you should read the text of this speech and form your own opinion. IMHO, it bodes ill for not only America but any nation that in the past has considered itself to be our ally.

This speech, which continued the apologetic and embarrassed tone Obama has habitually used on his foreign apology roadshows, signifies the first time a sitting American president gave such a speech in the terms and tone he used today. No longer does America stand for the values of democracy and human dignity for all peoples in the world, Instead, we are now supporters of virtually any regime, no matter how oppressive or dictatorial, if it can be said that the subjugated people "chose" this form of domination, erm, sorry, I mean governance.

We are also going to make right the raping of the planet that we evil Americans (and I'm afraid you evil Brits too according to him) have wrought on the rest of the world. Also of importance in terms of global security arrangements and the like, America is now merely just one nation among all others on the planet--nothing special or great and thus logically not able (or required) to provide any any assistance to other nations in the event of aggression from their neighbors (not that this would happen in Obama's new world order where the lion plays with the lamb) or some natural disaster no doubt brought on by the cataclysmic climate change inflicted on the planet by the evil US, UK and other "wealthy" nations.

2. Well, it's about fcuking time one of you fessed up.....

Only Kidding

3. Fair play, it was only a very few years back you were overtaken as world's worst polluter by a nation with 4 times the population and 50 year old power stations.

Greedy cunts. :wink:

4. Sounds about right…

Read: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=oBM8UiDYz1MC&dq=rogue+state&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=yIC6So3UEobbjQesvZ36BQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false

5. see 'Popular Fiction' for further details...

6. :D

7. Course it is paperpuke. :roll:

These people also have issues with the White House…

[​IMG]

8. Oooh personal insults - scary! (and clever!)

Try and search for the 'crimes' commited by the NED - you'll end up in a self-reference loop of books from the same author.