Obama's Model Airplane Stolen

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Dec 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A radio controlled model airplane belonging to reputed US President Barack Obama, last seen floating peacefully overIran, has disappeared. It's believed to have been stolen by the Iranian government.

From the Agence France Presse:

"U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the United States had made a 'formal request' to Tehran to return the drone but expressed doubt it would be returned.

“'Given Iran’s behavior to date, we do not expect them to comply,' Clinton told reporters at a press conference with British Foreign Secretary William Hague, with whom she discussed Iran."

"Barack Obama Demands Return U.S. Drone Downed in Iran"
    RQ-170 Sentinel drone downed in Iran should be returned: Barack Obama | News | National Post
  2. There is a thread on about the lost done already. I hope the Clinton Woman did not use the word 'comply'.
  3. The Eyeranians are claiming it is now "their" property.And they are also planning to deconstruct it.
  4. I assume it was in Iranian airspace without their consent. I therefore have little sympathy for the US position. They really ought to be more careful with their expensive toys.
  5. Michael Yon thinks that it is a fake the Iranians cobbled together to make propaganda points. He claims to have seen a real RQ-170(?) downrange. Who knows for sure, but it is an example of why drones should have self-destruct mechanisms inside them for accidents like these. Fire the self destruct mechanism and let the parts fall down to the ground like the drifting snow. And let the fuckwit ayotollahs try to reverse engineer a pile of parts into a working copy of the drone. A little harder than reconstructing secret papers that had been shredded by gluing them back together. Knuckleheads.
  6. If it is real, I wouldn't like to be one of the guards stagging on nearby..... I have a feeling that someone might accidentally drop a JDAM on it....