Obama's Father is Youngest WWII Veteran

And people wonder why we are disgusted with our politicians. Of course this is not exclusive to Him as we seem to have many politicians from both parties that are Walts themselves or by extension to their relatives.

[Video] Obama: “My Father Served In WWII” (The War Began In 1939-Obama’s Father Was Born 1936) | The Raw Deal

I realiz(s)e this is old news in that this occurred during His campaign but it underscores how the media was apparently in a trance during His campaign in not raising this. It was hardly a mere "slip of the tongue."

Hmmm Obama a self serving lying politician, you know like Hilary, I think I will get over it. Didn't we torture his Dad and maybe kill him anyway ;)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And people wonder why we are disgusted with our politicians. Of course this is not exclusive to Him as we seem to have many politicians from both parties that are Walts themselves or by extension to their relatives.

[Video] Obama: “My Father Served In WWII” (The War Began In 1939-Obama’s Father Was Born 1936) | The Raw Deal

I realiz(s)e this is old news in that this occurred during His campaign but it underscores how the media was apparently in a trance during His campaign in not raising this. It was hardly a mere "slip of the tongue."
eh, no chance! His Grandfather was supposed to be a chef, but that would have been with the KAR (King's African Rifles - King's African Rifles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which falls under another one of our little investigative remits. So he's now proud of the service doen with the Brits?

Not more walting by-proxy: ffs.

This was obviously the WWII that did not finish in 1945, this was the other WWII....in the Skrull dimension, Fantastic Four episode 76-81.

Schoolboy mistake JJH, you should know by now that Prezidents cannot tell a lie, cherry trees and all that.

coP

Dear JJH the only (almost) American to start on time and you castigate him? Why that's as bad as denigrating Mr Blair's football memories, or indeed his stowing away on non existent aircraft.

Again I point out;

'All politicians are greedy, lying, scum.'
But a nine year old Para holding the line at Bastogne with the band of brothers in 101st Airborne does bring a lump to my throat.

I don't include those who signed on as Canadians in the RAF, or otherwise decided to start early.
Oh it isn't a lump, it's phlegm.

Probably miss-spoke, happens a lot with pollies...

Probably miss-spoke, happens a lot with pollies...
Hardly a mistake IMHO-especially for the supposedly brilliant public speaker no? Also, my other point is where was the media to at least air this out as a mistake or not?

So he's now proud of the service doen with the Brits?

Brits? I would not doubt that he was one of the few who helped raise the flag on Mt. Suribachi.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Brits? I would not doubt that he was one of the few who helped raise the flag on Mt. Suribachi.
Get around a bit don't they, bit like dysentry oops - my boot leather or your's for soup next week?

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
Wasn't there some other US Politician who claimed his/her Father/Grandfather Liberated mainland Europe all on his own recently? Have they been showing Saving Private Ryan on the telly again over there?

eh, no chance! His Grandfather was supposed to be a chef, but that would have been with the KAR (King's African Rifles - King's African Rifles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which falls under another one of our little investigative remits. So he's now proud of the service doen with the Brits?

Too bad you lot didn't grip Obama Sr. when you had the chance. ;) I heard he was a crap chef and was caught nicking the equipment. :D

Ah, you mean his WHITE grandfather, as opposed to his BLACK grandfather, who was such a hero in the "mau mau" in Kenya (more likely to have been a petty thief who was imprisoned for theft from the Army), I think you will find that St Obama only chooses to associate himself with relatives that he thinks will give him "brownie" points with the "handwringers" and so conveniently forgets his "whiteside"!!

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Too bad you lot didn't grip Obama Sr. when you had the chance. ;) I heard he was a crap chef and was caught nicking the equipment. :D
As if we would sully our hands doing such a nasty thing. Never: we get the locals to do it for us:D

I'm going to make a giant stretch of imagination here and posit that he is, in fact, talking about his maternal grandfather: you know, the one that raised him from the age of 9-10 after his real father abandoned his family and buggered off back to Kenya and his mother decided to stay in Indonesia?

This really isn't very becoming of you, JJH. Furthermore, this video is over 2 years old. You're hardly Mr Current Affairs here.

Crabtastic:

First let me say I much regret apparently having disappointed you in terms of my ARRSE journalistic standards, although it is at the same time encouraging to see you consider them to be on a somewhat higher plane than some "other" posters on these distinguished fora who cannot seem to break away from old Saul Alinsky's Rules, more the school yard tactic, of using ridicule as a rhetorical device.

As to the post itself, in an effort to redeem myself a bit I will explain my reasons for it. First, in your eagerness to view the video you may have missed my introductory comment that clearly (or so I thought) puts it in the context (and quite consistent with my oft-expressed disappointment in, and resulting suspicion of, Most politicians on the world stage today) of the statements politicians make generally to curry favo(u)or with whatever audience of ( otherwise ignorant and gullible in the progressive view) potential voters.

Second, in terms of the video itself, I was merely using the standards He told us to use. He has repeatedly ADMONISHED ( in authoritative tones reminiscent of Slick Willy Clinton's protestations from the Oval Office on preempted prime time TV (telly) no less that he "did NOT have "sex"--we, and especially later generations of nubile pre-pubescent girls and boys, later learned is so nuanced a word, with that woman!") that "words matter" and that He should be judged by those with whom he surrounds himself. Thus, He said "father" and in a context that suggested to me at least ( and I agree reasonable minds can differ on this point) it was not a "mere" slip of the tongue. Of course "knowing" what He means when He refers to almost anything in His pre-2004 Democratic Convention "inaugural" speech that thrust Him into the national political stage is virtually impossible due largely to the curious and unprecedented secrecy concerning many details of His obviously impressive Life.

Finally, my post also was not a little tongue in cheek in that other threads have discussed other acpects of his "paternal" history in the context of possible reasons for His apparent Anglophobia. Specifically, on recent thread that appeared to really reasonate with many ARRSERs interested in British imperial rule ( those halcyon days). Specifically, the recent reports of His father's alleged ill treatment at the hands of British led anti Mau Mau ops in Kenya.

In any event, i hope this in some small way will put my post in a more benign context.

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
one would think that with the size of the internet what it is that disgruntled septics would go and find an American BBS to voice their concerns over the suitability of the current President of the United States - that way they would be conversing with people who ACTUALLY GIVE A ****!