• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Obama Wins historic US Election

Next POTUS?

• Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Must admit I am bored of the BBC Obamathon. I hope for Obama though, as McCain will make an already busy armed forces that much busier.

I can honestly see him spreading some instant sunshine. Scary Chap, and his Milf Running mate is no less scary.

So - Obama for four years and kicked out after that because he can't get rid of the 1 Trillion Dollar Millstone the GOP has just hung around the next Presidents neck.

Guess it means the US ambassador in London will be out of a job.
Interesting whether he will send a friend or good contributor to the campaign-most Presidents do-or a career diplomat.

I heard that Oprah was in the frame but that was very likely a wind-up.

Im wanting McCain to get it (mainly because it reminds me of the frozen potato brand, or as you peasents call them 'chips'), but the thing is, if he drops the floor before the next election then that nutcase of a 'next in liner' will step in and blow up russia and cause WW3, 4 and possibly 5..so maybe i want obama, thank fuuck i don't have to vote :)

I think it'll be Obama but - for oft-repeated reasons - I suspect that some white supremacist idiot will have a pop at him. It's such a damn shame - he seems to be a genuinely different, new hope for the Septics.

I reckon Obama. Whatever we might say about the Seppos they're not daft when it comes to putting up with incompetence and mismanagement with their administrations. The GOP have presided over a series of economic disasters of unprecedented proportions and there's no chance of blaming it on the previous administration.

Republicans scrambling to show how 'anti-bailout' they are is a sure sign they're shitting themselves over public feeling on the issue.

Damned if I know who will win. I think both candidates would make a good POTUS and both VPs damned bad ones. Sarah Palin may become OK once she gets a bit of experience. Although she sometimes comes across as an idiot I doubt that is the truth. I think innocence is being misread as stupidity.

Oh well, we will know in a few days.

My personal choice would be Obama. Shame, I don't get to vote.

USA! USA! USA!

CityBanker said:
I think it'll be Obama but - for oft-repeated reasons - I suspect that some white supremacist idiot will have a pop at him. It's such a damn shame - he seems to be a genuinely different, new hope for the Septics.
He's a politician.
No such thing as different or a new hope. Give it a few months and he will be doling out contracts to friends and backhanders will be doing the rounds. Just the same as Britain

For no other reason than to watch the BBC eat it's words I want McCain to win. Have been watching the associated programming going out via my licence fee and have to say how biased it all is. That Schama fella is doing a bit on how America will pan out in the future and to my mind anyone with genuine concerns over the USA's border and immigration controls are portrayed as 1st class eejits, yet anyone who is benefitting from the import of cheap labour etc are portrayed as visionarys etc etc. Is this likely to be the presidence of unbiased reporting that we will have to endure in the run up to our own GE? No doubt the Tories will be the bad guys and Gordon Brown will be the saviour of the nation (while you and I pay for the privilage).

smartascarrots said:
I reckon Obama. Whatever we might say about the Seppos they're not daft when it comes to putting up with incompetence and mismanagement with their administrations. The GOP have presided over a series of economic disasters of unprecedented proportions and there's no chance of blaming it on the previous administration.

Republicans scrambling to show how 'anti-bailout' they are is a sure sign they're shitting themselves over public feeling on the issue.
Even Republican's running for office are distencing themselves from the party, they had an interestng bit on the news, of different candidates, withdrawing sign's and placards and removing the republican party bit and then re-issuing them, one guy in Oregon I believe changed his party on the ballot paper to the less well used GOP party....and more like that. even so far as to associate themselves with Obama on issues.

MrShanklysboots said:
Must admit I am bored of the BBC Obamathon. I hope for Obama though, as McCain will make an already busy armed forces that much busier.

I can honestly see him spreading some instant sunshine. Scary Chap, and his Milf Running mate is no less scary.

So - Obama for four years and kicked out after that because he can't get rid of the 1 Trillion Dollar Millstone the GOP has just hung around the next Presidents neck.
Pretty much sums it up. The BBC will be partying big stylee across the US on Wednesday (thanks licence payers), Obama will win and will inherit the whirlwind of a totally sclerotic economy.

He'll then get the blame for having to put up taxes to pay for his social reforms and the national debt. Republicans will say 'I told you so'.

There will be a global Kennedy moment (inauguration, not Dallas) and world leaders will queue up to grovel at the feet of The One. It will be a sick-making spectacle, especially when Broon and Milliband turn up at the White House.

Meanwhile, the GOP will implode. There will be infighting between the loony Christian right and the centre ground (Obamacons, they call 'em) as both wings decide who is to blame for the national swing to the left.

Joe The Plumber will be given his own talk show and a spot at the Grand Ole Oprey.

Er, that's it.

NOSTRADAMUS

Latest Threads