Obama Wins historic US Election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ABrighter2006, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Obama

2. McCain

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If those enjoying BBC junkets are to be believed, Obama is about to become the next POTUS.

Predictions for the way the vote will go?
  2. Probably Obama but predict it will be a lot closer thing than the polls and the BBC suggest.
  3. how long after Obama wins do you think it will take some redneck to have a pop at him - I'm in for 2 months
  4. 3 weeks
  5. Must admit I am bored of the BBC Obamathon. I hope for Obama though, as McCain will make an already busy armed forces that much busier.

I can honestly see him spreading some instant sunshine. Scary Chap, and his Milf Running mate is no less scary.

So - Obama for four years and kicked out after that because he can't get rid of the 1 Trillion Dollar Millstone the GOP has just hung around the next Presidents neck.
  6. Guess it means the US ambassador in London will be out of a job.
    Interesting whether he will send a friend or good contributor to the campaign-most Presidents do-or a career diplomat.

I heard that Oprah was in the frame but that was very likely a wind-up.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm still thinking Mcain myself.....
  8. Whatever people are saying,I still have doubts about people voting for a black guy.
  9. Im wanting McCain to get it (mainly because it reminds me of the frozen potato brand, or as you peasents call them 'chips'), but the thing is, if he drops the floor before the next election then that nutcase of a 'next in liner' will step in and blow up russia and cause WW3, 4 and possibly 5..so maybe i want obama, thank fuuck i don't have to vote :)
  10. I think it'll be Obama but - for oft-repeated reasons - I suspect that some white supremacist idiot will have a pop at him. It's such a damn shame - he seems to be a genuinely different, new hope for the Septics.
  11. I reckon Obama. Whatever we might say about the Seppos they're not daft when it comes to putting up with incompetence and mismanagement with their administrations. The GOP have presided over a series of economic disasters of unprecedented proportions and there's no chance of blaming it on the previous administration.

Republicans scrambling to show how 'anti-bailout' they are is a sure sign they're shitting themselves over public feeling on the issue.
  12. I don't know . I seem to remember in 2000 that Gore was on for a win , and then....
  13. Damned if I know who will win. I think both candidates would make a good POTUS and both VPs damned bad ones. Sarah Palin may become OK once she gets a bit of experience. Although she sometimes comes across as an idiot I doubt that is the truth. I think innocence is being misread as stupidity.

Oh well, we will know in a few days.

My personal choice would be Obama. Shame, I don't get to vote.

USA! USA! USA!

14. I hope obama wins he seems such a genuine guy .
  15. He's a politician.
    No such thing as different or a new hope. Give it a few months and he will be doling out contracts to friends and backhanders will be doing the rounds. Just the same as Britain