Obama to rule for 8 years

#1
Whilst I generally have no time for US politics, for all those who think I'm wrong, I give you unarguably proof that my statement is fact......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8133964.stm

She is obviously confident that she will win the vote as the next Republican candidate. Is she seriously the best that Republican USA can offer?

Let Obama save us from this madness.....please?????
 
#3
A nice little Island off the West Coast of Scotland.... a warm cosy Bothy.... a warm cosy double bed.... and a bottle of Jack Daniels......Some MJ records..... Would you say no....to it....? Be honest now... :lol:
 
#5
I really hope Palin doesn't get anywhere.

Anyone with half a brain disagrees with her.
 
#6
Interestingly enough I dont think one American is losing sleep over the thought of whether the UK population supports Palin or Obama. You dont vote in our elections, and we have no say in Yours. And it's way too early to worry about who may or may not run for President in 2012.
 
#7
Obama's already passed his REAL tests - given to him by Chinese 'fishermen', Somali pirates, Iranians, North Koreans and others. I think he'll pass the Palin test too.
 
#8
Wow, it's amazing how many people so desperately want to believe the Palin smears.

Grow up, kids.
 
#10
Plus, the DNC was, and is, obviously scared of Palin - the way they went, and continue to go, after her and her family (smears, outright lies and so on that people up the thread clearly still believe to be true) to the point of occupying so much of her & her office's time with nuisance ethics lawsuits that she couldn't govern.

Guess they didn't like her 80% approval rating or something...
 
#11
Alaska isn't the wider US. Being popular in the thinkly-populated state which is conservative even by US standards isn't likely to translate automatically into electoral success elsewhere. I'm tempted to believe that if she really is intending to give it another go, she has to think it it was McCain who lost her the election last time and not her own woeful performance.

Like Charlie Brown said, Good Grief!
 
#12
vvaannmmaann said:
Sarah can smear me whenever she wants,with whatever she wants.
Smear... sexy librarian... gulp.



Rather lax bit of flag idolatry there.
 
#13
Actually, I was talking about this just yesterday afternoon.... I'm pretty convinced that unless he pulls off some minor miracle Obama will be a one termer. Principally because he cannot live up to his own hype... Nobody could live up to his hype.
 
#14
Goldbricker said:
Interestingly enough I dont think one American is losing sleep over the thought of whether the UK population supports Palin or Obama.
Fair comment. We can't vote in your elections, but they do affect us tremendously. So you can expect us to exersise our right to discuss it amongst ourselves. If Palin was voted in with her shameful knowledge and atitude towards foreign affairs, we could find ourselves tied in to another Iraq situation, (Thanks for that, Republican America!) Or God forbid, a Vietnam. When will hardliner Americans realise that their "manifest destiny" can be an enormous burden to humanity?

A little bit more healthy left wing influence in America certainly wouldn't do it any harm. Just remember, left wingers aren't necessarily less patriotic.
 
#15
Yeah, I'd agree that Obama will be remembered for being the first black president, not for being a great one. Being elected on the premise that he isn't G Dubya is fair enough, but when the novelty wears off, its gone. Or then there's the risk that Americans as a nation will begin to query his spending plans. Then he's forked.
 
#16
posttopeters said:
I think you can rest assure that the vast majority of the population in the UK would not support the likes of Palin.

Why?

Because the vast majority of us are not isolated uneducated red necks, far too influenced by their preist's odd perceptions of the Bible. Unfortunately, this is a large population that the respectable Americans have to compete with.
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of the population in the UK could give mainstream America a run for its money when it came to ignorance about other countries & cultures.
 
#17
posttopeters said:
I think you can rest assure that the vast majority of the population in the UK would not support the likes of Palin.

Why?

Because the vast majority of us are not isolated uneducated red necks,
Remind us all just who the UK have voted in to power for the last 3 elections?
 
#18
smartascarrots said:
Alaska isn't the wider US. Being popular in the thinkly-populated state which is conservative even by US standards isn't likely to translate automatically into electoral success elsewhere. I'm tempted to believe that if she really is intending to give it another go, she has to think it it was McCain who lost her the election last time and not her own woeful performance.

Like Charlie Brown said, Good Grief!
Actually she's the greatest hope the GOP's got... it's that bad.

A charismatic, dumb, retard clutching fanatic. Some firm buttocked, masterful totty to whip the drooling boomer fools from their despairing circle jerk of whining tea parties and defending the delusional faith in supply side economics.

Half measures like Mit "The Mormon" Romney or Newt "Pagans" Gingrich won't do. Despite having put America through the Carteresque Bush presidency the GOP is still in denial, clinging to wreckage of its "core values". What the party needs is to suicide charge even further right in the dark woods of bitter, bible thumpin, wingnut-dumb. It needs humiliating failure on an epic scale, an electoral Götterdämmerung.

In this role Sarah is the only candidate fit for purpose. It will finally break the unholy alliance between easily gulled redneck evangelicals and the elite corporate interests the party serves. She can perform a much needed late term abortion on Reagan's legacy. Washed in the blood of the Alaskan lamb the party can then be born again.

Palin 2012, you know it makes sense.
 
#19
ScouseD said:
She thinks that the world is only 6000 years’ old, and she also thinks that the best form of birth control is abstinence. Didn’t work for her young daughter though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7804087.stm

I blame the parents…
I think you will find it IS the best form of birth control.... 100% effective.

Could you name another that is similarly effective?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#20
chocolate_frog said:
ScouseD said:
She thinks that the world is only 6000 years’ old, and she also thinks that the best form of birth control is abstinence. Didn’t work for her young daughter though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7804087.stm

I blame the parents…
I think you will find it IS the best form of birth control.... 100% effective.

Could you name another that is similarly effective?
Disembowelment.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads