Obama to rule for 8 years

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Jul 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Whilst I generally have no time for US politics, for all those who think I'm wrong, I give you unarguably proof that my statement is fact......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8133964.stm

She is obviously confident that she will win the vote as the next Republican candidate. Is she seriously the best that Republican USA can offer?

Let Obama save us from this madness.....please?????

2. Self belief is a wonderful thing....

3. A nice little Island off the West Coast of Scotland.... a warm cosy Bothy.... a warm cosy double bed.... and a bottle of Jack Daniels......Some MJ records..... Would you say no....to it....? Be honest now... :lol:

4. I really hope Palin doesn't get anywhere.

Anyone with half a brain disagrees with her.

5. Interestingly enough I dont think one American is losing sleep over the thought of whether the UK population supports Palin or Obama. You dont vote in our elections, and we have no say in Yours. And it's way too early to worry about who may or may not run for President in 2012.

6. Obama's already passed his REAL tests - given to him by Chinese 'fishermen', Somali pirates, Iranians, North Koreans and others. I think he'll pass the Palin test too.

7. Wow, it's amazing how many people so desperately want to believe the Palin smears.

Grow up, kids.

8. Sarah can smear me whenever she wants,with whatever she wants.

9. Plus, the DNC was, and is, obviously scared of Palin - the way they went, and continue to go, after her and her family (smears, outright lies and so on that people up the thread clearly still believe to be true) to the point of occupying so much of her & her office's time with nuisance ethics lawsuits that she couldn't govern.

Guess they didn't like her 80% approval rating or something...

10. Alaska isn't the wider US. Being popular in the thinkly-populated state which is conservative even by US standards isn't likely to translate automatically into electoral success elsewhere. I'm tempted to believe that if she really is intending to give it another go, she has to think it it was McCain who lost her the election last time and not her own woeful performance.

Like Charlie Brown said, Good Grief!

11. Smear... sexy librarian... gulp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rather lax bit of flag idolatry there.

12. Actually, I was talking about this just yesterday afternoon.... I'm pretty convinced that unless he pulls off some minor miracle Obama will be a one termer. Principally because he cannot live up to his own hype... Nobody could live up to his hype.

13. Fair comment. We can't vote in your elections, but they do affect us tremendously. So you can expect us to exersise our right to discuss it amongst ourselves. If Palin was voted in with her shameful knowledge and atitude towards foreign affairs, we could find ourselves tied in to another Iraq situation, (Thanks for that, Republican America!) Or God forbid, a Vietnam. When will hardliner Americans realise that their "manifest destiny" can be an enormous burden to humanity?

A little bit more healthy left wing influence in America certainly wouldn't do it any harm. Just remember, left wingers aren't necessarily less patriotic.

14. Yeah, I'd agree that Obama will be remembered for being the first black president, not for being a great one. Being elected on the premise that he isn't G Dubya is fair enough, but when the novelty wears off, its gone. Or then there's the risk that Americans as a nation will begin to query his spending plans. Then he's forked.