• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Obama to end military gay policy

About time. Other armies have managed and not fallen apart when gays have been able to express their sexuality, including the British Army. There are many more important issues facing soldiers than sexuality.

Edited for something or other...

lostnconfused said:
ScouseD said:
lostnconfused said:
ScouseD said:
lostnconfused said:
itl make deciding whos point man a ton easier
Why is that?
well no one is going to want him behind them
Why not? Wouldn’t he be just as good a soldier as anyone else?
im joking wheres your sense of humor?, are you a homosexual? are you gutted steven gaitleys dead?
Yup, have a sense of humour, but there is an underlying trend to your posts and, it seems to me, that you don’t consider some soldiers to be the equal of others.

Is that correct?

Why is my sexuality important? You after something?

possibly you offering? dont knock it untill youve tried it

it doesent bother/affect me/us because guess what .........
weve had this policy active since feck knows when
if they can do the job and theyre keen to do the job let them do it

ScouseD said:
lostnconfused said:
ScouseD said:
lostnconfused said:
ScouseD said:
lostnconfused said:
Why is that?
Why not? Wouldn’t he be just as good a soldier as anyone else?
im joking wheres your sense of humor?, are you a homosexual? are you gutted steven gaitleys dead?
Yup, have a sense of humour, but there is an underlying trend to your posts and, it seems to me, that you don’t consider some soldiers to be the equal of others.

Oh dear, this guy says he has a sense of humour, yet his reaction to a joke is going on a par with those islamists over those cartoons. A bit of an over reaction. Typical PC nonsense. It was a joke that even gay people would find funny...get over it muppet.

ScouseD said:
You speak for gay people often do you?
No as it happens, but anyone with common sense would know it was a joke and not melicious.

ScouseD said:
I saw it as a joke, took it as a joke and found it quite funny. Hope that's okay with you.
If you saw it as a joke, found it quite funny, what was the pathetic over reaction all about then?

Best part of a year in and Barry's delivered zilch to the netroots. No Iraq withdrawal, no progress on The Pals, no gitmo closure, nothing for the tree huggers etc. In some ways it's just Bush's third term camouflaged by flashy oratory. Deceived by his skin tone and empty sermons progressives find themselves led by a timid centrist clinging to failed Washington consensus verities, fond of half measure and throwing useless sops to the gleefully negative GOP. He's about to stage a moderate surge in the increasingly unpopular Pashtun war. Like TARP and the stimulus packages health care reform has turned into a tax payer funded pork fest for the corporations.

To summarize: no public option=Do ask, do tell?

lostnconfused said:
ScouseD said:
lostnconfused said:
Why is that?
Surely as 'point-man',everyone else is behind them? I think you are alluding to the fact that no-one would want to be behind a homosexual man,on the off chance that he tried to commit buggery with any other man who was in front of homosexual man.
I would of thought that whilst on foot patrol,IED's,snipers and other nasty surprises would be of more concern.

Latest Threads