Obama-The Great Reneger

It's even been noted over here that Guantánamo Bay is staying open (although admittedly this is the more or less confined to the conservative periodicals).

Funny how nobody is protesting Guantánamo any more -- I guess it was only a problem, as with so many things, under a Republican administration.

It's even been noted over here that Guantánamo Bay is staying open (although admittedly this is the more or less confined to the conservative periodicals).

Funny how nobody is protesting Guantánamo any more -- I guess it was only a problem, as with so many things, under a Republican administration.
Yes-another example of really "principled" rule.

Ahh, good to see the usual suspects bitiching like six year old girls with grazed knees.

Meanwhile, back in the real world:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Promises kept- 119
Promises in the works- 245
Promises broken- 19

As for Gitmo:
Obama said after the inauguration that he hoped to close Guantanamo within one year, and administration officials admit they won't make that deadline. During the campaign, Obama gave himself no such deadline, and we're judging him here on his campaign promises. He said he would close Guantanamo Bay, and concrete steps are being taken to do so. The promise remains In the Works.
PolitiFact | Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center - Obama promise No. 177:

Ahh, good to see the usual suspects bitiching like six year old girls with grazed knees.

Promises kept- 119
Promises broken- 19

Funny about how "statistics" can be massaged innit--a bit like the manner in which "facts" are covered by "Politifacts"-- Help PolitiFact Get The Facts Right.

Also funny that you use the school yard analogy. Keep 'em coming as I need some humo(u)r today.

They pounce on Limbaugh and Hannity as being bullshit artists, so that makes them unreliable?

How's construction on the bunker coming along?

Ahhhh - I had vaguely heard some mutterings about this and the pronunciation of 'Reneger' but never actually been moved to track it down. Must say that as someone who pronounces the word as 'ree-nay-ger' I can see why there were raised eyebrows - you could, if you wanted, imagine the guy is singing about the 'Great Ree-nig-ger'.

One of those 'tomato'/'tomatoe' things I suppose.

C_C

Ahhhh - I had vaguely heard some mutterings about this and the pronunciation of 'Reneger' but never actually been moved to track it down. Must say that as someone who pronounces the word as 'ree-nay-ger' I can see why there were raised eyebrows - you could, if you wanted, imagine the guy is singing about the 'Great Ree-nig-ger'.

One of those 'tomato'/'tomatoe' things I suppose.

C_C
I had not considered the phonetic double entendre. Given the seemingly endless fount of substantive issues raised by His fundamental transforming of the evil America and His stumbling and bumbling He provides daily, there is no need for race to enter in.

Guys, it's an "interesting time" that the Chinese always promise you.

Approval or otherwise of POTUS will inevitably be skewed along the usual political, racial and economic lines.

As you know, I'm not a resident of [just a frequent and interested visitor to] the "Land of The Free". The USA got what it voted for. It may not quite be what they expected, and there may be implications down-stream [we got that with "Mr Plausible Blair"].

As for delivery, integrity and all the other bits that folks bitch about ... I have my view, others will have theirs. But I would bet a shiny dollar or two on a one-termer. IMO, he's out of his depth once the rhetoric runs out ... but what do I know? I'm only a Brit.

Promises kept- 119
Promises broken- 19

As for Gitmo:
PolitiFact | Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center - Obama promise No. 177:
Interesting stuff under the promises broken:
No. No. 234: Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."

No. 240: Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
"No political appointees in an Obama-Biden administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration."

I had not considered the phonetic double entendre. Given the seemingly endless fount of substantive issues raised by His fundamental transforming of the evil America and His stumbling and bumbling He provides daily, there is no need for race to enter in.
Indeed, and I don't know if what I heard was because I had been told it was there to be heard or because it was what I heard - if that makes sense.

C_C

As I see it the problem you've got Mr toxicdumpingdickhead is that the several different authorities which believe they ought to be running the US are deadlocked.

The President was elected to his office but apparently that's not good enough for you and the Republican government in exile. God said you should be running the US and what the f..k have votes got to do with it?

Then there's the Democrats -- blue dog variety, blue collar variety and whatever else is going this week. They'd like to do something about something but even if they agreed amongst themselves, what's the point? The Republicans wouldn't agree to support a bill on the sun coming up over America tomorrow morning.

Then there's the Pentagon government, which is probably the second most efficient in terms of destroying the American economy, after the Wall Street government. The last time I checked the Pentagon's totally secret annual 'black' budget was around 34 billion dollars, not one of which is accountable to the US taxpayers. That's before we even consider the regular trillion dollars the Pentagon needs every year to keep Bin Laden under control.

Nobody knows how much the CIA gets: all we can be sure of is that it's not only another US government, it's also the biggest criminal enterprise in history. Murders, kidnappings, torture on a scale that would have sickened the Spanish inquisition, and a world wide gulag of hidden prisons, of which Guantanamo is only a small part. And the really odd thing is that the CIA, a multi billion dollar intelligence organisation never seems to have a clue about what's going on in the world.

Then there's all those state governments. Each crazier than the last, to judge by report. A good thing the moneychangers weren't in a temple in Louisiana or Jesus Christ would have been blown away by armed security guards before he overturned a single table.

The simple truth is that America went mad after 9/11 and still isn't showing any signs of recovery. The only consolation for the rest of us is that at least the nuclear launch codes are now under the control of a sane man.

Incidentally, I love the idea being put forward that America should hand control of Iraq over to a UN peace keeping force. Would that be the same UN that George Bush and the rest of your government insulted so gratuitously when you became fixated on the idea of invading the place?

For God's sake, can't you just confine yourself to sending emails of admiration to Rush Limburger, or whatever his name is? At least leave us out of it. There are over three hundred million of you. That should be enough to gibber with.

Yet more partisan parroting of Breitbart/WND/Rush/Beck/Faux News from JJH.
It would more interesting if the Marine with much time on his hands would provide an explanation as
to why the GOP is not engaging in government and not just the 'party of No'.
This perpetual 'bama bashing and 8 years of amnesia appears to be more an exercise in forum therapy than useful or interesting debate.
Get a fresh teabag, for pity's sake - as Sarah isn't the answer beyond MILF eye-candy.

Pot-kettle-Black.

The RNC is proposing alternatives, but the DNC are blocking them ever getting to the floor. Plus, if the DNC were willing to compromise, they would get RNC votes. Since they are refusing to do that, they are not getting the votes. Simples.

and now The Chosen One has appointed someone (can't remember the name, but he's in charge of Medicare and Medicaid and thinks that the NHS is democratically accountable and a brilliant tool for redistribution of wealth) without Senate confirmation hearings. I guess the usual rules don't apply if there is a D after your name...

As I see it the problem you've got Mr toxicdumpingdickhead is that the several different authorities which believe they ought to be running the US are deadlocked.

The President was elected to his office but apparently that's not good enough for you and the Republican government in exile. God said you should be running the US and what the f..k have votes got to do with it?

Then there's the Democrats -- blue dog variety, blue collar variety and whatever else is going this week. They'd like to do something about something but even if they agreed amongst themselves, what's the point? The Republicans wouldn't agree to support a bill on the sun coming up over America tomorrow morning.

Then there's the Pentagon government, which is probably the second most efficient in terms of destroying the American economy, after the Wall Street government. The last time I checked the Pentagon's totally secret annual 'black' budget was around 34 billion dollars, not one of which is accountable to the US taxpayers. That's before we even consider the regular trillion dollars the Pentagon needs every year to keep Bin Laden under control.

Nobody knows how much the CIA gets: all we can be sure of is that it's not only another US government, it's also the biggest criminal enterprise in history. Murders, kidnappings, torture on a scale that would have sickened the Spanish inquisition, and a world wide gulag of hidden prisons, of which Guantanamo is only a small part. And the really odd thing is that the CIA, a multi billion dollar intelligence organisation never seems to have a clue about what's going on in the world.

Then there's all those state governments. Each crazier than the last, to judge by report. A good thing the moneychangers weren't in a temple in Louisiana or Jesus Christ would have been blown away by armed security guards before he overturned a single table.

The simple truth is that America went mad after 9/11 and still isn't showing any signs of recovery. The only consolation for the rest of us is that at least the nuclear launch codes are now under the control of a sane man.

Incidentally, I love the idea being put forward that America should hand control of Iraq over to a UN peace keeping force. Would that be the same UN that George Bush and the rest of your government insulted so gratuitously when you became fixated on the idea of invading the place?

For God's sake, can't you just confine yourself to sending emails of admiration to Rush Limburger, or whatever his name is? At least leave us out of it. There are over three hundred million of you. That should be enough to gibber with.
An ignorant and paranoid shit-brain like you would fit in well with the Obama administration. You should apply for a job with them while their one and only term lasts though. After the November mid-term elections, Obama and his Demonrat cohorts are going to be fending off impeachment proceedings and treason trials for the remainder of their term.