Obama nominates a UK citizen to head US agency

Discussion in 'US' started by yank_eyetie, Apr 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wow, they're picking a dual national to head an agency charged with promoting investment by US companies in developing countries. I'm not sure what you should be more worried about: that she holds a British Passport or that there's an agency of the US government that has the task of promoting outsourcing. :)

Now, on the other hand, I've worked with the former head of Congressional Liaison for CIA and he had dual US/UK citizenship too.

2. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Clearly, Obama's marbles are long lost. Putting a Briton in charge of a government agency (in any country) is the equivelent of placing a lunatic in charge of an asylum.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Who gives a fcuk. Like the UK (now, anyway), the U.S. is a nation of migrants. The birth(-defect)ers are just a lunatic bunch of backward isolationists.

4. Not that much difference to having an Austrian run a state, and if the law is changed you may even have Arnie running the country.

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm quite surprised that the requirement for the president to have been born in the US (with a few caveats) has not been changed. I understand why it was originally introduced but we live in a different world.

I know change has been mooted before to deal with specific possible candidates - Kissinger and the Gubernator are two that spring to mind.

6. After bankrupting California? EU President is more likely for Arnie.

7. Looks like Margaret Thatcher and James Dean, fused together in a horrible teleporter malfunction.

8. they're in good company with Barry then -- he is also turning out to be a bit of an isolationist loon what with increasing import/export restrictions to please his union buddies and all that...

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The last Austrian to run somebody elses country had a rather unsuccessfull career...

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

One slight difference. The Gubernator was elected. This lady has been appointed by somebody who was elected. Hardly suggests a democratic deficit.

11. Picky, picky. At least he went out with a bang and we all know him.

Not bad for a postcard painter.