Obama does what our politicians have failed to do.

That's cause out politicians are all too busy playing the points game and fist fcuking eachother!!

whoa just hold on a sec there....

...what is Gimli doing there

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Our PM is way to busy trying to get Tony Blair elected as EU President to worry about a couple of dead squaddies

Good lad, my respect for him just went up a lot.

(although I still want to know how he won the Nobel Peace Prize when the nominations closed after he'd only been in office 6 weeks...)

the_boy_syrup said:
Our PM is way to busy trying to get Tony Blair elected as EU President to worry about a couple of dead squaddies
It seems his magic touch has shagged that plan too... Bwa ha ha ha

Linky

Broon truly has the reverse Midas touch.

Good drills by Obama.

Respects to Mr President.

The US Government has respect for its Armed Forces, ours sadly see it as a tool of Government.

Broon would only do this if he knew that he would benefit from it, anyway he's in Brussels trying to get old Tony to be the first President of Europe so that Liarbour can ruin the whole of Europe and not just the UK, and if Bliar does get the job then god help us all.

broken_man said:
Good lad, my respect for him just went up a lot.

(although I still want to know how he won the Nobel Peace Prize when the nominations closed after he'd only been in office 6 weeks...)
What he said.

Brown and the rest of our spineless government are too busy back stabbing each other and trying to line their pockets while they're still in office to possibly attend the repatriation of the body of someone that they have sent to fight on behalf of this country.

The current government and 99% of the opposition MPs too are only interested in serving themselves and are totally out of touch with what is happening in the world that the rest of us occupy outside Parliament and Whitehall. The thought of the attending a repat or funeral would never have entered their heads unless they thought that there was going to be an angle on it that they could exploit for personal gain. Brown in particular is more interested in who is going to win X-Factor and strictly come dancing than with what is going on around him.

Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned and Brown watches X-Factor while the country goes down the pan!

edited because it's so early that I can't tell the difference between Angels and Angles.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Broon looked at this photo and thought 'Now that's a good idea - it might help improve my popularity' It's just the sort of tactless crass thing the man would do.

The only way that Broon will increase his popularity would be to call an election, but he knows as well as the rest of the country that he will become one of the unemployed the day after the election, but then again he could become 2ic to the EU President, then wait for him to become unpopular after Bliar mucks everything up, then become the EU President without being elected, it could never happen, could it?.

But as has already been said in a previous post how long would it be before we see a politian over the coffin of a fallen comrade.

BornSlippy said:
That's cause out politicians are all too busy playing the points game and fist fcuking eachother!!

whoa just hold on a sec there....

...what is Gimli doing there
Looks more like Wolverine...the US Army must have finally got their Weapon X Program up and running! :D

Respect to the President for this, meanwhile our PM is too busy selling out the UK to the EU & that slimy Bliar

the_boy_syrup said:
Well that one seems dead in the water, at least.

Honour tro our Dead.

E

EScotia

Can't speak for anyone else who's been through it but we were asked if we would be happy for dignitaries to attend our sons repatriation. We both agreed the senior officers were more than welcome, but flatly refused to allow any politician (in any shape or form) to attend.

Fronty

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Brown would not be out of a job after an election. He#'d probably go back to being leader of the opposition. His seat in Scotland is nice and safe thanks to a couple of good defence projects being built next door.

as others have said our politicians ( perhaps there are some exceptions) are by and large to caught up in their own self importance worrying about how to explain to their wives why they have to sack them and trying to drum up support for the man who took us to at least one conflict based on a premise of a lie to be too concerned about Pte Tommy Atkins aged 18 who was engaged and had his whole life ahead of him before it was cruelly taken by some murdering spineless coward whose cohorts are happy to kill upto 80 women and children in Pakistan. Cant really picture Bruin or Aintworth being welcome.

EScotia said:
Can't speak for anyone else who's been through it but we were asked if we would be happy for dignitaries to attend our sons repatriation. We both agreed the senior officers were more than welcome, but flatly refused to allow any politician (in any shape or form) to attend.
First of all can I say that I am eally sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how it must feel to outlive your son.

I was led to believe that the repatriation ceremony is a military parade and is conducted by the military whilst allowing a maximum of 7 members of the family of the deceased to attend (because of limitations on space in the VIP area). The ceremony is arranged and conducted by the military and whilst consultation with the family would take place, the final say on who can attend is down to the MoD.

I personally would want to see cabinet ministers from this government at each repatriation (at their own expense and kept away from the grieving relatives) so that they can see the effects of their actions.

Difficult this one.

In one way it woud be good for the politicians to see first hand the results of their policies. However, grieving families should get a say. I would not want this shower to turn up at such a ceremony if I or any of my children were repatriated.

Oliver Cromwell summed it up perfectly for me.

Oliver Cromwell Speech - Dissolution of the Long Parliament
Dissolution of the Long Parliament by Oliver Cromwell given to the House of Commons, 20 April 1653

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!"

FUGAX said:
Respects to Mr President.

The US Government has respect for its Armed Forces, ours sadly see it as a tool of Government.
I think the main difference is that our lot see the forces as a tool of Government, and the US sees the forces as a tool of the Nation.

A small but important difference.