Obama does what our politicians have failed to do.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muhandis89, Oct 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's cause out politicians are all too busy playing the points game and fist fcuking eachother!!

whoa just hold on a sec there....[​IMG]

...what is Gimli doing there [​IMG]
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Our PM is way to busy trying to get Tony Blair elected as EU President to worry about a couple of dead squaddies
  3. Good lad, my respect for him just went up a lot.

(although I still want to know how he won the Nobel Peace Prize when the nominations closed after he'd only been in office 6 weeks...)
  4. It seems his magic touch has shagged that plan too... Bwa ha ha ha

Broon truly has the reverse Midas touch.

Good drills by Obama.
  5. Respects to Mr President.

The US Government has respect for its Armed Forces, ours sadly see it as a tool of Government.
  6. Broon would only do this if he knew that he would benefit from it, anyway he's in Brussels trying to get old Tony to be the first President of Europe so that Liarbour can ruin the whole of Europe and not just the UK, and if Bliar does get the job then god help us all.
  7. What he said.

Brown and the rest of our spineless government are too busy back stabbing each other and trying to line their pockets while they're still in office to possibly attend the repatriation of the body of someone that they have sent to fight on behalf of this country.

The current government and 99% of the opposition MPs too are only interested in serving themselves and are totally out of touch with what is happening in the world that the rest of us occupy outside Parliament and Whitehall. The thought of the attending a repat or funeral would never have entered their heads unless they thought that there was going to be an angle on it that they could exploit for personal gain. Brown in particular is more interested in who is going to win X-Factor and strictly come dancing than with what is going on around him.

Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned and Brown watches X-Factor while the country goes down the pan!

edited because it's so early that I can't tell the difference between Angels and Angles.
  8. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Broon looked at this photo and thought 'Now that's a good idea - it might help improve my popularity' It's just the sort of tactless crass thing the man would do.
  9. The only way that Broon will increase his popularity would be to call an election, but he knows as well as the rest of the country that he will become one of the unemployed the day after the election, but then again he could become 2ic to the EU President, then wait for him to become unpopular after Bliar mucks everything up, then become the EU President without being elected, it could never happen, could it?.

But as has already been said in a previous post how long would it be before we see a politian over the coffin of a fallen comrade.
  10. Handsome is as handsome does.
  11. Looks more like Wolverine...the US Army must have finally got their Weapon X Program up and running! :D
  12. Respect to the President for this, meanwhile our PM is too busy selling out the UK to the EU & that slimy Bliar
  13. Well that one seems dead in the water, at least.

Honour tro our Dead.
  14. Can't speak for anyone else who's been through it but we were asked if we would be happy for dignitaries to attend our sons repatriation. We both agreed the senior officers were more than welcome, but flatly refused to allow any politician (in any shape or form) to attend.